No announcement yet.

Intel Xeon E5-2609 v4 Broadwell-EP Linux Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm puzzled as of what audience this chip is targeting, given there are E3 Xeons that blow it away for the same TDP.

Comment

Originally posted by darkblu View Post
      I'm puzzled as of what audience this chip is targeting, given there are E3 Xeons that blow it away for the same TDP.
      I'm guessing it targets some of the ARM servers. Being x86 based and having a little extra speed gives it an edge.

Comment

Michael Could you do some server benchmarks between the Broadwell-EP and the AMD FX? I'm thinking it will be interesting to see the results of a lower IPC highly parallel workload. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, I'm premium

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post
          Michael Could you do some server benchmarks between the Broadwell-EP and the AMD FX? I'm thinking it will be interesting to see the results of a lower IPC highly parallel workload. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, I'm premium
          There are some Apache / Pgbench / Redis benchmarks in those OpenBenchmarking.org result files. Or not sure what server benchmarks you're talking about? Those are the main server tests currently in PTS.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

There are some Apache / Pgbench / Redis benchmarks in those OpenBenchmarking.org result files. Or not sure what server benchmarks you're talking about? Those are the main server tests currently in PTS.
            Thanks, those are definitely what I was looking for, but it wasn't mentioned in the article. The way I see it, those would be the most likely usage of the benchmarked processor. I've got to say, the results though were thoroughly disappointing... LOL

Comment

would be interesting to see how this stacks up with the 3GHz 8 core 2670v1 that sells on ebay for 75$. 115W TDP.

Comment

The Xeon E5 26xx/16xx v4 doe NOT officially support ECC UDIMM memory sticks. Did you have any problems running the E5 Xeons with such memory? What is the biggest stick you have used for such system?
                I am having 16GB ECC UDIMM sticks and I am wondering if they will work with C612 MB and Xeon E5 1650? Any idea?

Comment

Working...
                X