Intel Reveals More Details About 7th Gen "Kaby Lake" Processors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post
    'Fighting' Zen and it's mobile versions (Raven Ridge)...
    Let the battle begin.
    I'm really hoping the GPU in Zen is up to the task. For the vast majority of users the GPU is more important than the CPU these days. Even KabyLake makes this obvious considering the vast improvements Intel put there.

Now htis doesn't mean that CPU performance can suck, it can't but all AMD has to do is get close enough. If the GPU / multimedia system can handle the modern needs in a computer AMD should get decent sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubble Monkey View Post

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought those terms were a little hokey. Why not compare IPC or FLOPS? Or if they were trying to describe real world use cases it would
      help if they told what they used to make these claims instead of using vague terms.
      no matter what they use people will complain. For example a FLOPS number can be very misleading when it is a compact routine running out of cache.
      19% faster with "web performance"? Performance of what? Running Firefox's , Chrome's or Edge's HTML Parsers? Their Javascript engines? Video decoding? WebGL? It could mean anything!
      In effect it means everything. It is pretty common these days to have multimedia web pages so many execution units can end up getting hit displaying a page. The problem with getting specific is that people try to duplicate the values and then get disappointed. Beyond that do realize what the phrase "up to" means. In case you are out of touch it is Intel speak for this is the best result we got and your results will be worst.

Comment

Working...
      X