No announcement yet.

Windows 10 vs. Ubuntu + Linux 4.7 + Mesa 12.1 Intel OpenGL Tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that in Xonotic, Windows benchmark is at FullHD but on Linux it benchmark 4K See results @ FullHD back from november, Ultra settings and same numbers like now pseudo 4K/FullHD

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It does not really change resolutions properly, here and there

Comment

..and you start some 3D game and at some point get segfault. Over and over.

What gamers are looking for are performance and stability. If the game is 5% faster but crashes once per hour, latter gets annoying fast.
      Then other software, for stream recording and GPU fine-tuning (smth like MSI Afterburner). Or acute lack of latter at least..

To get considerable as "gaming os" Linux must become like Windows.. Which in my eyes defeats it's purpose..

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
        imho the major problem on linux systems is the excessive mole of instructions to operate. A program as Gimp almost 200MB to make the same operation of PAINT 64kb
        I didn't get the relation between the two sentences, but oh well.

Comparing Gimp to Paint is like a cucumber to dildo. You have to compare Photoshop vs Gimp, and Photoshop is much bigger in size, though doing absolutely the same job. More over, Gimp shares libraries beween all apps in the system, whilst Photoshop would install its dll's into a single dir, which leads to diplicating dll's in the RAM when there're apps which are ought to share them.

Comment

imho the major problem on linux systems is the excessive mole of instructions to operate. A program as Gimp almost 200MB to make the same operation of PAINT 64kb
          Mhm, phoronix broke again, now it's "edit" button disappeared.

I wanted to also add that, first, you're wrong about 64kb size. It is the size of binary, and Gimp binary is just 5.5 MB size. Paint uses a bunch of dll's, but they, I think, mostly resides somewhere in system directory (i.e. unlike Photoshop), because Paint is an app delivered with OS by default. Whole size of Paint package would also somewhere about 200MB, especially given how Microsoft adores to use .NET.

Second, Gimp is starting quickly, on a second run it's instantly, whilst Photoshop alwayls loading much longer. This is, in particular, a reason, why you can use Gimp as a replacement for Paint, i.e. for quick edit, but you can't do the same with Photoshop.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            I think that in Xonotic, Windows benchmark is at FullHD but on Linux it benchmark 4K See results @ FullHD back from november, Ultra settings and same numbers like now pseudo 4K/FullHD

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think so, Xonotic has some serious issues setting the requested resolution. Phoronix test suite MUST ensure that games got runned at the requested resolution, because Xonotic isn't the only game with such a problem.
            ## VGA ##
            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Where are the AMD and Nvidia Vulkan Tests?

Comment

And still no darn "Export All" in GIMP =p

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post

And still no darn "Export All" in GIMP =p
                  There is only a save all plugin I know of. Maybe that helps?

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Holy crap, you are right...
                    Something is definitely off with the Xonotic resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by franglais125 View Post

Holy crap, you are right...
                      Something is definitely off with the Xonotic resolution.
                      I keep saying it, but seem no one listen

Comment

Working...
                      X