Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Mesa Soon Having OpenGL 4.5, Collabora To Focus On Performance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Intel Mesa Soon Having OpenGL 4.5, Collabora To Focus On Performance

    Phoronix: Intel Mesa Soon Having OpenGL 4.5, Collabora To Focus On Performance

    Collabora's Timothy Arceri, one of the firm's open-source graphics driver developers, has written a blog post about recent work they've done to the open-source Intel Mesa driver stack...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ab-GL45-Update

  • #2
    Awesome I'm moving to Intel Mesa right now to separate my Steam Machine and my Desktop (Steam Machine gets the GTX 970.)

    Hopefully in a month or so the RX 480s are in stock or 490s drop, very excited for open graphics gaming.

    At least in the meantime Intel Mesa will play Dota pretty decent.

    Comment


    • #3
      Awesome, but when will Intel work/contract someone to work on their DDX driver, tired of HDMI/display issues...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
        Awesome, but when will Intel work/contract someone to work on their DDX driver, tired of HDMI/display issues...
        Did you try modesetting driver?
        Works much better for me (on ivybridge) but I seldom HDMI...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
          Hopefully in a month or so the RX 480s are in stock or 490s drop, very excited for open graphics gaming.
          The 490 is a dual gpu if you didn't already know. No high-end single gpu's from Polaris.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
            Awesome I'm moving to Intel Mesa right now to separate my Steam Machine and my Desktop (Steam Machine gets the GTX 970.)

            Hopefully in a month or so the RX 480s are in stock or 490s drop, very excited for open graphics gaming.

            At least in the meantime Intel Mesa will play Dota pretty decent.
            490 will no work well in linux since is dual gpu, with single gpu the drivers are bad....

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't think we have any plans for a dual-gpu Polaris.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by hajj_3 View Post
                The 490 is a dual gpu if you didn't already know. No high-end single gpu's from Polaris.
                490 will be a Vega card, not Polaris at all (duo or single)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

                  490 will be a Vega card, not Polaris at all (duo or single)
                  not true: http://wccftech.com/amd-rx-490-4k-gaming-card/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by hajj_3 View Post
                    Do you believe these rumors?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X