Intel Has A Final Round Of Graphics Updates For Linux 4.8, Broxton Is Ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Has A Final Round Of Graphics Updates For Linux 4.8, Broxton Is Ready

Phoronix: Intel Has A Final Round Of Graphics Updates For Linux 4.8, Broxton Is Ready

Daniel Vetter of Intel's Open-Source Technology Center has submitted the final round of feature updates for the i915 DRM driver for DRM-Next to in turn target the Linux 4.8 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

broxton was cancelled, why bother supporting it?

Comment

I think it will just get Celeron/Pentium series J or N label. Maybe there will be Atom chips as well, just not for smartphones/tablets.

Comment

I don't think it is related to the ddx, modesetting should do too. But you need often a hack (intel_idle.max_cstate=1).

Comment

Broxton was cancelled. But that was just the Goldmont Atom core for cell phones and tablets which Intel is ceding that market to ARM. The Goldmont cores for 2 in 1 hybrids, NUCs, thin and cheap laptops is called Apollo Lake. That comes out this fall. Broxton may have been cancelled, but the work was already in progress and will only help in getting ready it's slightly bigger brother Apollo Lake.

Comment

Working...
          X