Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Skylake Graphics: Windows 10 vs. Ubuntu 16.04 + Latest Open-Source Driver Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really subpar intel, I am disappoint.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

In fairness, if you look at the corresponding AMD and NVidia Windows/Linux tests the pattern here seems to be as much "Linux game ports are slower" as "drivers are slower". There's enough information across those three reviews for some pretty interesting analysis.
      Besides games a usual benchmarks were done, like GPUTest. And since they also show bad results, it is definitely something with GPU driver on GNU/Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

I don't have any sky lake iris hardware at all so unfortunately tests are only going to happen with more premium subscribers or tippers.
        I can recommend the Dell XPS 13 DE with i7-6560U Iris 540. Being the owner of one, I would be interested too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post
          Besides games a usual benchmarks were done, like GPUTest. And since they also show bad results, it is definitely something with GPU driver on GNU/Linux.
          GPUTest is weird. fglrx was winning in that benchmark, even when Nvidia's blob was stomping it in every game benchmark.
          Either that, or it tests a really special path no other benchmark/game is touching.

Comment

Originally posted by Veto View Post

I can recommend the Dell XPS 13 DE with i7-6560U Iris 540. Being the owner of one, I would be interested too.
            Well it's incredibly unlikely enough people will tip/subscribe to see Skylake Iris tests.... From all the AMD windows vs. Linux I don't think I even made an extra $100.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

So apart from Xonotic and GPU test, seems like Intel Linux iGPU catched up a lot. I guess this should put it now significantly ahead of Apple's Intel iGPU OpenGL performance...

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

No. It only affect Skylake GPUs, all the other Intel chips run fine.
                Yes, I just tested Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 (Broadwell GT2)
                Windows : Ubuntu 16.04 :: 72 fps: 67 fps

I couldn't find any Xonotic performance bugs on the https://bugs.freedesktop.org tracker. Could someone with a Skylake report it?

Comment

Working...
                X