No announcement yet.

OpenGL 4.5 For The Intel Mesa Driver May Be Imminent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mesa is almost complete! Once tarceri's patches land, it will be a cause for celebration. Good job, everyone involved!

Comment

Yeah, I think its illogical to call that intel supports opengl 4.4-4.5 while the driver actually supports only opengl 3.3 (haswell) and I think its illogical to make decision looking only to newest gen of intel graphics, because haswell is still pretty new ansd it supports opengl 4.3 and should not be threated like some sandy bridge. It looks like badly organized marketing, trying to push new products while not caring about people who already bought their product.

Comment

Originally posted by startas View Post
        Yeah, I think its illogical to call that intel supports opengl 4.4-4.5 while the driver actually supports only opengl 3.3 (haswell) and I think its illogical to make decision looking only to newest gen of intel graphics, because haswell is still pretty new ansd it supports opengl 4.3 and should not be threated like some sandy bridge. It looks like badly organized marketing, trying to push new products while not caring about people who already bought their product.
        So lend us the advice with someone with years of experience of how to do things, what should they do?

options a) don't announce 4.5 on any hardware until all of it can do it?, who does that help?

Insert other options here.

Comment

GL 4.3 for Haswell is in the works. We're simply doing the easiest things first (so we can get features out to users as quickly as possible), and newer hardware tends to be easier to work with...
          Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
          Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

Keep up the fantastic work guys. I have 2 Ivy Bridges, but can wait for the goodies to come true for those CPUs.
            Kayden Any chance Ivy gets Vulkan?

Comment

Fantastic progress guys. It's impressive to watch how many things got finished last quarter.
              Rob
              email: [email protected]

Comment

It's great to see 4.5 almost done for broadwell/skylake. Once that's done, I foresee some rounds of correctness fixes, performance tuning, and finishing off the haswell/other generations... Never mind that 4.6/5.0 are probably coming down the pipe this fall, and maybe it's worth trying to get a headstart on the extensions that are likely to end up in that version.

Comment

Iyv has Vulkan. But all features, as Haswell

Comment

Working...
                  X