Intel Broadwell Graphics Are Much Faster With Mesa 11.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e8hffff View Post

That's the shame. Maybe Intel will have learnt something from this as some may have jumped ship and be their loss.

When I upgrade my NUC5i5RYH I'm not sure if I want Intel HD graphics again, or aim for NVidia. For me it's all about the wattage for mobile use, but it has been painful with Intel for gaming and desktop glitches.
    It's why I stick with Nvidia and motherboards with as few funky controllers as possible: because great hardware isn't of much use without software/drivers to match.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

It's why I stick with Nvidia and motherboards with as few funky controllers as possible: because great hardware isn't of much use without software/drivers to match.
      Consider I'm running 12volts out of a van, with 8 to 64 watts for the Intel NUC, depending if I'm gaming/encoding, browsing the web or idling to computer.

Comment

Please run benchmark between DDX intel driver with SNA accel vs modesetting driver on your X1 Carbon.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
          Not to worry, by the time Broadwell is thoroughly obsolete, it will be working at 100%.
          But i imagine there will be less work to do for future IGPs even if the architecture changes around.

Comment

Originally posted by elldekaa View Post
            It would be nice to test with an iris pro as well
            http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1605193-BE-1605187HA55
            Rob
            email: [email protected]

Comment

Working...
            X