Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's Vulkan Driver Merged Into Mainline Mesa

Phoronix: Intel's Vulkan Driver Merged Into Mainline Mesa

Just as planned, the Vulkan code has been merged into mainline Mesa...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I really want to know the correct Debian packaging for the extra Vulkan files. Basically they are not depending on the rest of mesa so they can easyly updated from mesa git but you still need to know the package name/content...

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      I really want to know the correct Debian packaging for the extra Vulkan files. Basically they are not depending on the rest of mesa so they can easyly updated from mesa git but you still need to know the package name/content...

Maybe arch packaging could be of use? https://www.archlinux.org/packages/e.../vulkan-intel/

Comment

Basically it is not required at all that you install it globally for testing as long as the json file is in the right directory (/etc/vulkan/icd.d). But if you want to preinstalls it then this does not look nice...

Comment

AMD's current Vulkan Linux driver ... isn't based upon a Mesa/Gallium3D design

intel vulkan driver too isn't based upon a Mesa/Gallium3D design
          it is based upon intel shader compiler, but so is amd vulkan driver, only their shader compiler is in llvm instead of mesa

Comment

If you use the right AMDGPU kernel module you should be able to use it together with mesa drivers. Did that anybody test yet?

Comment

If you use the right AMDGPU kernel module you should be able to use it together with mesa drivers. Did that anybody test yet?
              i did some test, but only opencl works fine, with vulkan only vulkaninfo works, all other apps crash

Comment

I would not modify the libs to use bundled files which are open source anyway. I would only add the missing files you see with ldd and do no complete install first. Vulkan minimally uses one json file that can use a full path, not required to put it in a normal lib dir for first tests.

Comment

I would not modify the libs to use bundled files which are open source anyway. I would only add the missing files you see with ldd and do no complete install first. Vulkan minimally uses one json file that can use a full path, not required to put it in a normal lib dir for first tests.
                  libdrm from amedgpu-pro is not opensoursed, it has a modification which is not available in upstream libdrm, so this is only way to use opencl and do not beak other system apps.

Comment

In general Mesa should work with the hybrid stack's kernel driver but the Catalyst userspace drivers generally won't work with upstream kernel driver. IIRC one of the three Catalyst drivers only uses upstream IOCTLs while the other two use IOCTLs that are implemented only in the hybrid driver's DKMS package code.
                    Test signature

Comment

Working...
                    X