Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Intel Mesa Driver Has Gotten Faster Since Switching To NIR

Phoronix: The Intel Mesa Driver Has Gotten Faster Since Switching To NIR

Eduardo Lima of Igalia spoke this weekend at FOSDEM about the work done over the past year on switching the Mesa Intel i965 back-end to using the NIR intermediate representation...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hey Michael , I just thought about something reading this shader-related article. Is R600_DEBUG="sb" still relevant (and the right thing to use)? I haven't heard anything about it in a long time, so I just realized I might have some really funky flags set.

Btw, it would be very nice if you could do a short "These are the flags (xorg.conf or environmental) you can set to truly/perhaps increase performance on the FOSS drivers". The status of them, and have them collected in one place, would be great!
    Last edited by Azpegath; 03 February 2016, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
      Hey Michael, I just thought about something reading this shader-related article. Is R600_DEBUG="sb" still relevant (and the right thing to use)? I haven't heard anything about it in a long time, so I just realized I might have some really funky flags set.

Btw, it would be very nice if you could do a short "These are the flags (xorg.conf or environmental) you can set to truly/perhaps increase performance on the FOSS drivers". The status of them, and have them collected in one place, would be great!

R600_DEBUG="sb" is the default these days

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
        R600_DEBUG="sb" is the default these days
        I will even add: the default since Mesa 10.0 (Q4 2013).

Comment

You see, the small guide is really needed then! =)

Check out this site for instance, I have no idea which things I would like to mess around with or not: http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/Rad...ture/#index4h2

Comment

Working...
          X