Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Lands Compute Shader Support In Mesa!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So now Intel are 5 extensions away from supporting 4.3?

Comment

Nice. Now the biggest hurdle for 4.5 support seems to be ARB_robustness and friends.

Comment

Originally posted by lunarcloud View Post

Weird considering the Windows drivers advertise OpenGL 4.4... I wonder what the difference is.
        Reading the comment in that commit, my guess is they just need to do some extra work to make sure that everything is compiled in SIMD8 mode when it's too large, or something. I'm pretty sure whatever limitations they have there can be worked around, it's just a matter of additional programming and they wanted to get the simple hardware supported first.

With SIMD16 support, this is limited to Ivy Bridge and Haswell. Broadwell will work with a local group size up to 896 on SIMD16 meaning programs that use this size or lower should run when setting MESA_EXTENSION_OVERRIDE=GL_ARB_compute_shader.

Comment

maybe now they finish the opengl 4.2 support

Comment

Yes, there's just some extra work required to support OpenGL's compute shaders on Broadwell and Skylake. The hardware can absolutely do it, there's just a bit more code to write. We're working on that.
            Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
            Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

Working...
            X