Intel Broadwell/Skylake Graphics Performance For Steam Linux Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Broadwell/Skylake Graphics Performance For Steam Linux Gaming

Phoronix: Intel Broadwell/Skylake Graphics Performance For Steam Linux Gaming

Complementing yesterday's Are The Open-Source Graphics Drivers Good Enough For Steam Linux Gaming? article is a look at the Steam Linux gaming performance for three different Intel Linux systems running Ubuntu 15.10 and firing up the latest Steam client. This is the last of the planned series that began one week ago with the a 22-way comparison of NVIDIA/AMD GPUs on SteamOS.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"Thus for now I have no choice but to suspend any other follow-up tests as part of this series (and partly why this article is quite light) until there's an up-tick in new contributions, so please show your support for all of this Linux testing and open-source news coverage that happens daily on Phoronix."
    Well, according to your website you can make $486 every day by working from home, so that might help out.

Comment

Still impressed by this Iris pro 6200. I really hope prices will drop and a better Linux support from Intel.
      A mobile version would be heaven

Comment

while ad-block use remains very high
        So I've disabled my ad blocker and I still don't see any ads since the Privacy Badger seems to be still blocking a lot of stuff.

I can turn off my ad blocker, but I'm not going to surrender my privacy. Aren't there any ad networks you could use that actually respect users' privacy and not track them? Otherwise I can't give you any ad views, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by kiputnik View Post
          I can turn off my ad blocker, but I'm not going to surrender my privacy. Aren't there any ad networks you could use that actually respect users' privacy and not track them?
          Nope, not at least any ones that make money...
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I just nabbed Insurgency but when I try it on Ubuntu 14.04 with the 355 driver for my Nvidia GTX 970, it crashes when loading a map. Is there an easy way to get game specific logs to find out why it keeps doing this? It is odd since other Source engine games run fine.

Comment

Thus for now I have no choice but to suspend any other follow-up tests as part of this series (and partly why this article is quite light) until there's an up-tick in new contributions, so please show your support for all of this Linux testing and open-source news coverage that happens daily on Phoronix.
              What is the ratio of subscribers to non-subscribers? I have a 1 year subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by << ⚛ >> View Post

What is the ratio of subscribers to non-subscribers? I have a 1 year subscription.
                About 1:99 for subscribers to non-subscribers...
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post
                  (...) A mobile version would be heaven
                  There are already mobile i7 with iris6200 like 5950HQ. On the other hand Intel announced Xeons E3-V5 with gt4e/p580

Comment

i actually find it funny when seeing stuff i recognice in the adds. any way i ever realy saw it as tracking, more correlating

Comment

Working...
                    X