Intel Core i7 6700K Skylake Linux Benchmarks On Fedora 22, Debian & Ubuntu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Core i7 6700K Skylake Linux Benchmarks On Fedora 22, Debian & Ubuntu

Phoronix: Intel Core i7 6700K Skylake Linux Benchmarks On Fedora 22, Debian & Ubuntu

Since August I've been delivering various Linux benchmarks of the Core i5 6600K "Skylake" processor, but unfortunately don't have access yet to a i7-6700K Linux box. Fortunately, thanks to the open-source Phoronix Test Suite benchmarking software and the OpenBenchmarking.org collaborative cloud component, there are already numerous result files...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I am still trying to improve the performance of the integrated graphics inside my 6600k
    on kubuntu 15.10

already installed Kernel 4.3 RC 3 and the x.org edgers ppa
    that helped a little bit ;-)
    but its still much slower than on win 10 ...

actually i am thinking about how to overclock my graphics under linux
    i overclocked it inside uefi but it seems that i still have the default clock on kubuntu 15.10

Comment

can we have Intel Skylake graphics compared for performance Windows vs. Linux? That would help me a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by apholux View Post
        can we have Intel Skylake graphics compared for performance Windows vs. Linux? That would help me a lot.
        if it's requested by enough Phoronix Premium members.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Better don't ask ^^
          in my opinion the drivers are not in a good shape

i had a haswell before
          and i really wish it back

games that worked on the haswell graphics well
          like Empire Total War
          are totaly unplayable on skylake
          others are laggy and crashing all the time (company of heroes 2)

only cs:go work
          as long as you don't need details like changing gamma

Comment

this thread is relevant to my interests...

considering core i7 quadcore (LGA-1151) + Z170 chipset (Sunrise Point) + fedora 22
            vs
            core i7 (LGA2011-v3) 4-6-8 core + X99 chipset (Haswell -E) + fedora 22

both support VT-d, but X99 gives you 8 DIMM slots + 10 sata ports + 6 USB 3.0 ports
            vs Z170 gives you + 4 DIMM slots + 6 sata ports + 10 USB 3.0 ports

I would appreciate any tips or experiences of others who have gone down this road before me...

Comment

Well M.2 is most likely faster with Skylake. I don't see a reason why you need to add so many hd, but most boards add extra chips for SATA or USB 3.1 anyway. With DDR 4 you can already get 64 GB ram with 4 DIMMs. As you seem to want to use VT-d maybe try Asrock. Skylake is just a bit disappointing if you like to play HEVC Main 10 or if you want HDMI 2.0.

Comment

Working...
              X