No announcement yet.

Intel Skylake HD Graphics 530 Performance On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, AMD is in a bit of a shit situation. The only saving grace they had was that their integrated GPUs were better than Intel integrated GPUs.

It looks that's no longer the case. The fastest APU AMD gets outperformed by Intel on integrated GPU tests. On CPU side, I expect this Intel CPU to outperform Kaveri AMDs 1.5-2x.

I was an AMD fan for a long time. I still am, if for no other reason than to have some competition in the market. But now AMD are really not competitive. AMD can only compete on price...

Ok, on Windows, with Catalyst, AMD iGPUs still win, but not by much.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Rad....112875.0.html
    vs
    http://www.anandtech.com/print/9483/...6th-generation

And Anandtech tested 6700k Intel CPU, which is even more expensive. Intel is catching up on iGPU front really quickly...

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

AMD's OSS drivers are amazing, but they aren't magical.
      I guess it depends on how you define amazing. Amazing for what a bunch of independent developers can achieve? Absolutely. Amazing for the performance levels and features they enable? Not so much.

Comment

Integrated AMD APU graphics is not bad for gaming. I able to play "Pillars of Eternity" with latest version of Mesa on 7850K.
        Last edited by Klassic Six; 19 August 2015, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

I guess it depends on how you define amazing. Amazing for what a bunch of independent developers can achieve? Absolutely. Amazing for the performance levels and features they enable? Not so much.
          Yeah, it's amazing for exactly those reasons. Desktop performance is fantastic, arguably the very best available. OpenGL performance is clearly bottlenecked, but easily fits in the "Good enough" category.

Comment

AMD is only lucky that Intel does not produce dedicated GFX chips. Integrated gfx are on par or partly faster with Intel now in case edram for 4th level cache is used. For standard office/Internet/multimedia use you can use anything for Linux.

Comment

Working...
            X