Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open-Source Linux Graphics: A10-7870K Godavari vs. i7-4790K Haswell vs. i7-5775C Broadwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mendieta View Post
    Right. What I wonder is whether Intel will provide i5's and i3's with Iris Pro 6200. That would be killer! Particularly, the latter could compete with AMD in Console APU arena. The IPC is still much, much better than AMD, so they could really kill it (which I would personally hate, competition is good!)
    There is already an i5. Specifically the 5675C.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

There isn't much of another option... People want to see how the Iris Pro 6200 Graphics compare so I did the closest possible, AMD's highest-end APU. It's not that there is an APU that matches the price of the i7-5775C.
      Thanks for the comparison Michael anyway. This is something I wanted to see for some time. Now some steam game tests and I have all the data I'd need. Looks like I'll skip Kaveri ...

Comment

Where can I actually buy an i7-5775C? Newegg doesn't have it, and the Amazon sellers don't look very reputable.

Was it only a paper launch? If so when will it actually ship?

Comment

Don't buy,it's just a gap filler to Skylake with bad compatibility with existing boards. Only useful for OEMs as they can reuse Haswell boards with a firmware update.

Comment

Originally posted by foobaz View Post
            Where can I actually buy an i7-5775C? Newegg doesn't have it, and the Amazon sellers don't look very reputable.

Was it only a paper launch? If so when will it actually ship?
            Yeah i already call it 3 months long paper launch, only reviewers has samples ... rumor said middle august is to be available. If you are interested in GPU perfromance the most, rumor also said first Skylakes will not be Pros - so no eDRAM.

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            Don't buy,it's just a gap filler...
            Agreed. To me it is free summertime marketing filler, so that people have what to talk - instead to talk about sun . Generally reviewers are impressed by graphic performance, that stays - but not impressed by anything else.
            Last edited by dungeon; 21 July 2015, 03:41 AM.

Comment

I am always impressed by the number of AMD fanboys on this forum... and their lack of honesty

But this time I have to agree : the performances are great but if you cannot run Steam properly on this iGPU then it is useless...

Comment

Well, it would be interesting what would happen if the required graphic RAM size exceeds the 128MB mark (= eDRAM size on the intel). B/C then you would actually compare just the GPU power running all with the DDR3 speed.

And I don't think that these low tech games (OA, tuxracer, etc) exceed these ram requirements...

Comment

Working...
                X