Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Phoronix Site, One Week Redux

Phoronix: The New Phoronix Site, One Week Redux

It's been one week now since making the new Phoronix site public. So far things seem to be running well...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's working for me too. I'm not a big fan of this forum software, but the main site is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
      It's working for me too. I'm not a big fan of this forum software, but the main site is fine.
      I'm not a fan of vBulletin5 either, now having used it... but not much in the way of other options I'm familiar with where it would take lots of time to get familiar with any alternatives and getting it configured, etc, and needed to get off vB4 since it's not mobile friendly and not really maintained well anymore.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

For me, the colours and contrast of the previous site were better.

Comment

Yep, absolutely no complaints about the new design. I love it.

Not sure if this is the right time, just a reminder? Please, get rid of the forum scrolling animation. Scrolling to the top after switching pages is fine, but that "smooth scroll" thingie during initial page load really sucks on my phone because it feels like it takes 10 seconds (since the phone is still busy loading and laying out all the contents, so the scroll animation is very sluggish) and I have to wait for it to complete before I can scroll down to actually read posts.

Comment

The new site is okay, although I think it needs some slight adjustments here and there:
            - The news-separator (the dotted line) is unevenly spaced
            - In multi-page articles like http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-nouveau&num=1, the page-selector-drop-down-menu and the "Page 1, 2, 3, Next page" thing are separated by this gray share-this-box for no good reason. Please merge und always put them directly at the end of the text of an article, they're part of an article's "chrome".

Comment

Minor point: using reading mode in my RSS feed software no longer works properly. It just brings up an author blurb for every article.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                ditto to both.

Comment

Ok Suggestions

1) change favicon colors to white green;
                  2) replace upper page selector with the same page selector at the end of every page of the forum.

Comment

I have some trouble with slowdowns attributed to adds on Firefox. Pop-up adds are particularly bad. I don't mind the adds and want to support Michael, but I do find that enabling unlock speeds up the site quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
                    X