Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Technical Explanation Of Intel's GEM

Phoronix: A Technical Explanation Of Intel's GEM

Back in May while open-source X developers were bickering about their TTM memory manager concerns, Intel's Keith Packard chimed in and announced Intel's Graphics Execution Manager, or GEM for short. The Graphics Execution Manager is Intel's replacement of Tungsten's TTM for their xf86-video-intel graphics driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Lots of swizzling. Got it.

Comment

Next time someone you know complains about Linux graphics being slow, just point them toward that blog entry as an example of what the developers are working on to improve the situation, and propose they send in their own suggestions on how those algorithms could be further improved. That ought to shut em up :P

Comment

That is a complaint I have never heard.

But if and when I do, it'll be easier just to blame it on nVidia drivers, because it's something even windows users can relate to, and like as not, true anyway.

Comment

That is a complaint I have never heard.
          i've been reading recently linux hater's blog (google it, you'll find it) and it rings the bell ;-)

Comment

Working...
          X