Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Has More Graphics Driver Code Ready For Linux 4.1

Phoronix: Intel Has More Graphics Driver Code Ready For Linux 4.1

Just one week after Intel sent in their initial DRM driver updates for Linux 4.1, a second pull request has been submitted with more DRM graphics driver changes queued up for Linux 4.1...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is it just me or is practically the entire PC ecosystem giving MS the bird lately?

Comment

Originally posted by grndzro View Post
      Is it just me or is practically the entire PC ecosystem giving MS the bird lately?
      I guess it's just a perception since the work that is done on Linux is transparent while most work on MS products is not.

Or maybe they are getting ready in the unlikely case that Windows 10 switches to a subscription model that drives millions of consumers away? (Yeah, right, as if that's ever going to happen)

Comment

Originally posted by Aeder View Post
        I guess it's just a perception since the work that is done on Linux is transparent while most work on MS products is not.

Or maybe they are getting ready in the unlikely case that Windows 10 switches to a subscription model that drives millions of consumers away? (Yeah, right, as if that's ever going to happen)
        Kind of what I am referring to is driver work, developer adoption, Vulkan, DE's, are all moving at warp speed right now. It just feels like everything is falling into place for a mid/late 2015 Linux surge

Comment

Kind of what I am referring to is driver work, developer adoption, Vulkan, DE's, are all moving at warp speed right now. It just feels like everything is falling into place for a mid/late 2015 Linux surge
          Yeah, 2015 is totally the year of the Linux desktop!

Comment

Who knows it might be just you, but likely it is not entirely true IHV/ISVs are preparing to be ready for Windows 10 launch, marketing machinery too - that always results as kaboom effect to some extend .

But people are free to give them a bird anyday, that does not hurt

Comment

I always wonder why they keep struggling with these crappy IGPs instead of starting making actual video cards. They have the resources, they have the knowledge, they could easily compete with AMD and nvidia.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                I always wonder why they keep struggling with these crappy IGPs instead of starting making actual video cards. They have the resources, they have the knowledge, they could easily compete with AMD and nvidia.
                I think regulators banned them. I read that somewhere.

Comment

You must not be from EU

Comment

Iris Pro is quite fast, but you can't use it to build non-expensive desktop PC with low TDP.
                    Last edited by JS987; 07 March 2015, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X