Linux 3.19, 3.20/4.0 Doesn't Do Much For Intel HD 5500 Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 3.19, 3.20/4.0 Doesn't Do Much For Intel HD 5500 Performance

Phoronix: Linux 3.19, 3.20/4.0 Doesn't Do Much For Intel HD 5500 Performance

Yesterday I ran some benchmarks from the new Core i3 Broadwell NUC to see how the latest Mesa Git affects the OpenGL performance for the Core i3 5010U chip with HD Graphics 5500. Today I'm complementing that testing to see if the latest Linux kernel Git makes any difference for this low-end, low-power Broadwell chip...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Linux 3.19, 3.20/4.0 Doesn't Do Much For Intel HD 5500 Performance
    It also doesn't do much for solving world hunger problem...

Comment

Originally posted by michal View Post
      It also doesn't do much for solving world hunger problem...
      nor for that scar i have on my knee, that itches slightly every couple of months

Comment

You took an arrow to the knee, good sir? I once was a adventurer, but...

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post
          nor for that scar i have on my knee, that itches slightly every couple of months
          so it's quite useless version

anyway I wonder why article author expected that new kernel does much for intel hd 5500 performance if there was no changes related to this topic.

let's check how many new kernel does for snowfall in central Europe

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post
            Me 2! I have also a scar above the knee that itches here and there, especially after a workout.

Comment

Working...
            X