Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Releases New Version Of XenGT Graphics Passthrough

Phoronix: Intel Releases New Version Of XenGT Graphics Passthrough

The latest quarterly update to XenGT for Intel Graphics Virtualization Technology is now available that allows providing a complete vGPU solution with mediated GPU pass-through...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm surprised AMD hasn't accomplished this yet. It'd give their APUs some serious leverage. It's nice intel chips have a good GPU-passthrough method but honestly, intel's graphics are really only ideal for a hypervisor, while discrete GPUs should be sent over to the VM.

Comment

VT GPU passthrought tests in a near future

It would be great to read in a near future, GPU passthrough tests vs bare metal
      With the same distro virtualized it will be able to measure the % of less performance
      And as it iwould be under 5% even under 3% tests with GNU/Linux and MS WOS under the same VT.
      Unfortunately still there is a small list of MBs and GPUs able to do GPU passthrough, I hope it will be a standard in a near future too.

With free versions of MS WOS to come (I did read it) playing some MS WOS game under a VM and Wine to choose which goes better would be great for gamers and a lot would switch to GNU/Linux even if Steam OS arrives as late as it seems, being able to play also MS WOS games at consoles would be a great add on.

Comment

Timeline for getting GVT-g functionality into mainline kernel?

The article mentions that "Intel's graphics virtualization team is still working towards integrating the GVT-g functionality into the upstream i915 DRM driver that's part of the mainline kernel."

Anyone know what's the projected timeline for getting GVT-g functionality into the kernel? In 3.19? In 3.20? Later? Much later?

I'm OK compiling modified versions of Xen and Qemu (as is currently required to get GVT-g functionality), but compiling a modified 3.17 kernel (as is also currently required to get GVT-g functionality) is a no-go for me.

Comment

Intel Releases New Version Of XenGT Graphics Passthrough

My laptop has an integrated Intel HD 3000. I suppose I could run some benchmarks on it. I do game on my laptop, but it has a 1gb dedicated graphics card as well.

Comment

Working...
          X