Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dimness problem stored in the HD4000 card??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimness problem stored in the HD4000 card??

I have this dimness issue. Consoles and X come up dim. If I brighten X and switch to a console, the console is dim, and X is dim when I go back. The default levels are wrong. I can do nothing in the BIOS.
    This problem dates since I installed my windows disk to update it. In the event, It loaded 50 updates, screwed up and removed them all again, costing me 2 days :-//. My box is a Samsung NE350 with HD4000 graphics (Intel I3-3110M APU), close to 2 years old.

To rid myself of this, I have cleared my / drive, reinstalled, and tried X first time as root. That takes /home out of the equation, but dimness persists. No users had been added; /boot doesn't store anything, so I am definite it's nothing in linux. I do happen to have Slackware's build of intel-gpu-tools version 1.3, but the man pages do not allow me to get adventurous. I can download registers and bios. I did that, and put them here in a Public folder
    https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=99361...4096FF2C07!208. The exact issue is:
    /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/drm/card0/card0-LVDS-1/intel_backlight/brightness reads about 228 (of a maximum of 4882), whereas a setting of about 1400 seems good for normal viewing.

Any ideas how to sort this problem?
Working...
X