Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geometry Shaders, OpenGL 3.2 Land In Mesa For Intel Sandy Bridge

Phoronix: Geometry Shaders, OpenGL 3.2 Land In Mesa For Intel Sandy Bridge

Those still running Intel "Sandy Bridge" processors with integrated HD Graphics will be ecstatic this morning that the Mesa driver has taken a leap forward...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

As an owner of an Lenovo T420 with a SNB i7 I'm very happy to see that gen6 hardware still receives feature enabling support. Thank you Intel!

Comment

Originally posted by saski View Post
      As an owner of an Lenovo T420 with a SNB i7 I'm very happy to see that gen6 hardware still receives feature enabling support. Thank you Intel!
      Thank you community*
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

SNB is hardly old tech. I'd hope it sees updates for the next 5-6 years or so. There's really nothing on the horizon, CPU wise, that outright obsoletes SNB.

Comment

Now Linux driver for Sandy Bridge is more feature-rich than Windows one (except GL_ARB_Compatibility).

Interesting what is missing for OpenGL 3.3 support?

Comment

Good to hear that, SNB rocks.
            ## VGA ##
            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by gamerk2 View Post
              SNB is hardly old tech. I'd hope it sees updates for the next 5-6 years or so. There's really nothing on the horizon, CPU wise, that outright obsoletes SNB.
              GPU wise, there is. Haswell's GPU is significantly better than SNB's and the next intel products "on the horizon" will keep improving.

Comment

Originally posted by _SXX_ View Post
                Interesting what is missing for OpenGL 3.3 support?
                Supposedly nothing. Someone just has to run the piglit tests and confirm that nothing is broken.

Comment

Have just pushed the 3.3 enabling patch.

Apparently *everyone* wrote one today -- good thing it was a trivial amount of duplicated work rather than something more serious

Comment

Working...
                  X