Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Bay Trail Performance With Linux 3.16/3.17 & Mesa 10.3

Phoronix: Intel Bay Trail Performance With Linux 3.16/3.17 & Mesa 10.3

As it's been some months since last running any Bay Trail Linux performance tests at Phoronix, here's some new OpenGL performance tests I did this week using the wonderful Intel Bay Trail NUC...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Intel Bay Trail Performance With Linux 3.16/3.17 & Mesa 10.3

As it's been some months since last running any Bay Trail Linux performance tests at Phoronix, here's some new OpenGL performance tests I did this week using the wonderful Intel Bay Trail NUC...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc3MTM

How about benchmarks of this nice Bay Trail based tablet?
    Asus MeMO Pad 7 ME176 Release Date June 22. Intel Atom “Bay Trail” Z3745 processor, HD, Android 5.0 Lollipop. One of the best 2015 budget tablets.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxim Levitsky View Post
      How about benchmarks of this nice Bay Trail based tablet?
      http://tabletmonkeys.com/asus-memo-p...76-release-us/
      ASUS hasn't offered any review samples on it, unfortunately.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        ASUS hasn't offered any review samples on it, unfortunately.
        try getting a hold of JJ

Comment

@Michael.

My comment was a joke. This tablet, while bearing atom processor and proper intel graphics, is so locked, that even root is not yet possible on it.
          You know what I mean when I see this shit

Comment

@Michael.

My comment was a joke. This tablet, while bearing atom processor and proper intel graphics, is so locked, that even root is not yet possible on it.
            Really? That's too bad. I was contemplating Arch Linux with Plasma Active or GNOME 3, Wayland etc could be installed on that tablet.

Comment

Product Updated ?

I thought this model was going to be uprated to Celeron N2830 but hasn't hit the streets yet. Anyone know when they are supposed to arrive ?

Comment

Intrestingly, this suggests that Haswell (as opposed to Sandy Brdige) will probably see little if any performance impact with Linux 3.17 ...

Comment

if you want a good android tablet...

@Michael.

For about the same price, the Tegra Note 7 (a tablet almost a year old) is better in almost all respects (stock android, much better upgrade support, superior graphics, comparable compete, front facing speakers with superior sound, direct stylus, comparable battery life, rootable, SD card, micro HDMI). I prefer the memo pads industrial design, but that's about it.

Or get the shield tablet if you got the $$

Comment

hm

Originally posted by mendieta View Post
                    Intrestingly, this suggests that Haswell (as opposed to Sandy Brdige) will probably see little if any performance impact with Linux 3.17 ...
                    haswell support is ready, noting to do with kernel driver... at least look like is ready and stable...

Comment

Working...
                    X