Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a question

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
    Can you please provide counter-argument about why my thinking about MESA iorganizational structure s so wrong?

I see most FOSS projects are awful at PR. Mesa3d.org site has a crappy early 90s design, it provides no organizational information and is uglier than a burnt stump.

Why do I need to follow a damn mailing list for everything? I prefer to read structured information in a semantic way like a wiki and or a website, mailing lists and chats are really suited to active project collaborators not just curious outsiders or users. I already procrastinate enough following a zillion of projects and news sites, I don't need more infoxication.

Maybe SPI could provide webmasters and marketeers to avoid ridicule websites and lack of PR.

Intel is full of money, they could hire a proper webmaster to update it and provide updates. Hell, they could provide a damn website design company, that's pocket money for them.

Why do 99% FOSS project sites suck? Even a crappy company could have a decent website. I would prefer a generic site generator than those insanely structured webpages coming from a crazy nerd without graphical design idea that believes man pages are sexy.
    you prefer a woman good in bad and fat or a beauty o can't do sex? linux/apple

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
      Can you please provide counter-argument about why my thinking about MESA iorganizational structure s so wrong?

I see most FOSS projects are awful at PR. Mesa3d.org site has a crappy early 90s design, it provides no organizational information and is uglier than a burnt stump.

Why do I need to follow a damn mailing list for everything? I prefer to read structured information in a semantic way like a wiki and or a website, mailing lists and chats are really suited to active project collaborators not just curious outsiders or users. I already procrastinate enough following a zillion of projects and news sites, I don't need more infoxication.

Maybe SPI could provide webmasters and marketeers to avoid ridicule websites and lack of PR.

Intel is full of money, they could hire a proper webmaster to update it and provide updates. Hell, they could provide a damn website design company, that's pocket money for them.

Why do 99% FOSS project sites suck? Even a crappy company could have a decent website. I would prefer a generic site generator than those insanely structured webpages coming from a crazy nerd without graphical design idea that believes man pages are sexy.
      How exactly does mesa's website being simple equal the project being poorly managed? I asked if you follow the mailing list because unless you do you would have no idea how things are managed, even then you still dont get full insite into how things are managed inside each company. Anyway my point is your full of it. As others have pointed out its better to focus resources on improving Mesa rather than the website. Mesa has no need for a fancy website, ideally users shouldnt even need to know Mesa exists. All contibutors have been doing an amazing job lately at catching Mesa up to the latest OpenGL specs, and generally Mesa provides amazing support for fixing bugs quickly compared to the closed drivers.

Comment

Functional website that works everywhere > fancy Twitter Bootstrap Jquery abomination that looks like shit in non-latest-chrome-desktop-browsers, intended for mobile, and still manages to use 100% cpu in JS for 10 seconds after loading.

Sorry, these "gotta have current fashun webs" hipsters piss me off.

Comment

Working...
        X