• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• liam
    replied
    Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
    medium settings 1080 p, 35 fps, so good
    35fps sounds pretty good.
    A quick search found a user with the same apu, game and settings averaging 28fps (presumably on windows).

Leave a comment:

• pandev92
    replied
    Originally posted by newwen View Post
    I don't know why, but I do also get occasional random freezes when using Chrome with the opensource r600 driver.
    I have exactly the same problem

Leave a comment:

• tuubi
    replied
    Originally posted by Alderon View Post
    A "real gamer" probably would still use Windows to play games, as there are much more games. Then again, the term "real gamer" is just wrong in so many ways, as if being a gamer was some kind of complicated activity only some people can master. There are so many different kinds of gamers as there are genres and all of them are "gaming".
    Nah. You're only a "real gamer" if you've got a club membership card issued by club president caligula. I actually bought a GTX 760 (although it's a bit overpowered for my needs), just so I might some day be part of this esteemed elite. Now if only I could find the courage to actually submit my club application...

Leave a comment:

• Alderon
    replied
    Originally posted by caligula View Post
    I still see little point in celebrating. Intel GPUs are too slow for most OpenGL 4.x games. A real gamer would buy NVIDIA. There are not much options as AMD also totally fails with their open source plans. I've tried Radeons every now and then and typically the drivers hang the machine during the first 15 minutes of testing.
    A "real gamer" probably would still use Windows to play games, as there are much more games. Then again, the term "real gamer" is just wrong in so many ways, as if being a gamer was some kind of complicated activity only some people can master. There are so many different kinds of gamers as there are genres and all of them are "gaming".

Leave a comment:

• newwen
    replied
    In my experience, google chrome aura, freeze the desktop aferter 1 or 2 horus of usage, with opensource drivers and closed drivers of amd, with nvidia not.
    Now I can only use chromium 31....
    I don't know why, but I do also get occasional random freezes when using Chrome with the opensource r600 driver.

Leave a comment:

• DMJC
    replied
    Exciting News

Thanks to the Gallium3D state Tracker model, we will very shortly have support for all the OpenGL 4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4 extensions on Nouveau. Combined with the power management work, and we are well on track to hitting my goal of this time next year, there being full support for OpenGL 4.4 on Nouveau. Anyone want to take my $50 bet?

Leave a comment:

• mmstick
    replied
    Originally posted by rikkinho View Post
    35 fps really? is not good at all
    35 FPS isn't really bad. It's not 60 but it's perfectly playable.

Leave a comment:

• rikkinho
    replied
    good?

35 fps really? is not good at all

Leave a comment:

• pandev92
    replied
    Originally posted by rikkinho View Post
    ok not bad but with battlefield 4? what i remember the game is a pain in ass to put the things hight, the ram at this clocks help a lot no doubt, this apu or igpu will gain a lot with future ddr4 in games

Leave a comment:

• rikkinho
    replied
    hm 41 fps without AA and other things

21333 8 gb of ram, and very good performance in medium settings at 1080p.

ok not bad but with battlefield 4? what i remember the game is a pain in ass to put the things hight, the ram at this clocks help a lot no doubt, this apu or igpu will gain a lot with future ddr4 in games

Leave a comment:

Working...
X