X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theghost
    replied
    Originally posted by Caledar View Post
    I'm curious if this has anything to do with the fact that my machine has two graphics card, switchable. Do you have switchable graphics?
    Afaik non switchable i965 chipsets like Sandy or Ivy are affected. Mine is a non switchable too.

Leave a comment:

• Caledar
    replied
    Originally posted by theghost View Post
    If that's again the case, it would be my last Intel APU. Has enough trouble with the hangs atm.
    I'm curious if this has anything to do with the fact that my machine has two graphics card, switchable. Do you have switchable graphics?

Leave a comment:

• theghost
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    AFAIR they never did get the older chipsets (i8xx) stable again before abandoning them for good. This history does not bode well for Sandy - it could get abandoned before it becomes stable.
    If that's again the case, it would be my last Intel APU. Has enough trouble with the hangs atm.

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    AFAIR they never did get the older chipsets (i8xx) stable again before abandoning them for good. This history does not bode well for Sandy - it could get abandoned before it becomes stable.

Leave a comment:

• devius
    replied
    Originally posted by theghost View Post
    But I don't understand why this can't be debugged to find the root of all evil.
    My theory is that debugging the hangs is a very hard and time consuming process, so a proper fix could take a long time to be developed. In the mean time they're releasing this so that the situation isn't as bad.

Leave a comment:

• theghost
    replied
    Intel has a number of plattforms where the GPU hangs can be reproduced with a lot of use-cases (Google Maps, Dota 2, etc).
    But I don't understand why this can't be debugged to find the root of all evil.

Even after so many years the Linux driver is causing this headaches.

Leave a comment:

• Caledar
    replied
    I still get to ctrl + alt +prt sc+ k every few wakeups... Most of my hangs went away after a bios update. Using a i5 2410m.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Intel Still Working On GPU Mesa Hanging Issues

Intel Still Working On GPU Mesa Hanging Issues

Phoronix: Intel Still Working On GPU Mesa Hanging Issues

While Intel's Sandy Bridge hardware is now two years old and has been succeeded by Ivy Bridge and Haswell, the open-source developers working on Mesa are still struggling to address some GPU hang issues with the latest open-source Linux graphics driver for Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X