Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curaga
    replied
    I thought you had one of the 65W ones, 5600K or something like that. Perhaps my memory is faulty.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Caledar View Post
    Can we have graphs of the same performance tests comparing the iris pro to the i7 3rd generation and 2nd generation?
    Sort of. Will be with the ASUS Ultrabook and HP Elitebook as those are the only Ivy/Sandy laptops I have.... And they have different hardware to the Galago.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    Michael, don't forget to compare to all AMD APUs at your disposal.
    All the APUs? I only have a 5800K and 6800K....

Leave a comment:

• Caledar
    replied
    Can we have graphs of the same performance tests comparing the iris pro to the i7 3rd generation and 2nd generation?

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    We don't know that yet, do we? Linux results often differ from Windows ones.

Leave a comment:

• LinuxGamer
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    the low/mid end AMD APUs dont compare at all

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LinuxGamer
    replied
    i want to see this vs a nvidia gtx 640M i think once the intel drivers are up to the windows level they will be around the same speed

Leave a comment:

• argh6543
    replied
    YES!!!

Originally posted by Cyborg16 View Post
    As far as I've heard, it's a general-purpose cache. Would be interesting to hear more about how it affects performance (e.g. by comparing to a similar CPU without eDRAM).

That's exactly it for me... Run a haswell with just a text console as a server and see how much that eDRAM helps vs the same CPU without when running various workloads. PostgreSQL anyone?

Leave a comment:

• orawas
    replied
    Looking forward to the review and benchmarks! Might I also suggest doing power draw tests with different kernels as well as battery life tests, given that this is meant to be an "ultrabook".

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X