Intel's OpenCL Beignet Project Is Gaining Ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    You can take that as two examples of code sharing that Intel has chosen not to participate in. Don't misunderstand me, Intel has every right to want their OSS drivers to work with their OSS solutions. I'm fine with that. Plus they do contribute a lot of code to a lot of projects. Nobody can really fault Intel for their OSS commitment.

I do feel that there is an argument to be made for Intel to port their OSS driver to gallium due to the potential it would have on improving the whole stack. But that is really selfish of me to want.
    I'm not discussing anything of that, so I don't know why you keep answering me on that subject; I thought my previous post clarified that. I just want to know about the other benefits using Gallium might bring, aside from the shared code itself. I'm not trying to deny Intel directly tries to not share code.

Comment

Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
      I'm not discussing anything of that, so I don't know why you keep answering me on that subject; I thought my previous post clarified that. I just want to know about the other benefits using Gallium might bring, aside from the shared code itself. I'm not trying to deny Intel directly tries to not share code.
      I'm not going to and I've explained why. Intel doesnt have any obligation to do anything other than what they think is best for themselves. And what they've done so far has mostly benefited everyone. I can't fault them for their commitment so I won't.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
        I'm not going to and I've explained why. Intel doesnt have any obligation to do anything other than what they think is best for themselves. And what they've done so far has mostly benefited everyone. I can't fault them for their commitment so I won't.
        OK, but be aware that I'm not asking "why should Intel change their mind", I'm interested in knowing, just that.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
          For example, there's the on screen HUD that Marek wrote a while back to display stats on the screen.
          Which is something I use all the time.

Comment

Working...
          X