Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Linux Driver Performance Still Slower Than Windows 7

Phoronix: Intel Linux Driver Performance Still Slower Than Windows 7

Benchmarks published this week on Phoronix showed that Ubuntu 13.10 can outperform Apple OS X 10.9 "Mavericks" with regard to OpenGL performance. However, when compared to Microsoft Windows, the open-source Intel Linux driver continues to come up short.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Stop using ubuntu to test the drivers.
    It was already proved that Xmir reduce the performance, then why you still use the worst DE for testing the drivers?

Comment

lol

Originally posted by valeriodean View Post
      It was already proved that Xmir reduce the performance, then why you still use the worst DE for testing the drivers?
      maybe because is the future?!

until brings all features like windows mesa drivers will be a "little" worst than windows. the evolution says Mesa intel needs one more year to catch up windows on perfomance

Comment

In looking at the OpenGL frame latency, Ubuntu Linux required more time to prepare each frame than Microsoft Windows 7.
        Would using straight Mir or Wayland increase the performance at all? I was thinking that maybe they would require less time to prepare/render each frame than X.org

Comment

Ubuntu does not want to be Linux

It is slowly deprecating itself out. Unity, Mir, and others, Ubuntu is becoming it's own unique enclave.

Phoronix should recognize this and stop benchmarking with Ubuntu.

Or, stop calling Phoronix a Linux website - and start calling Phoronix an Ubuntu website.

And before the flames come my way, I'm not trying to ostracise Ubuntu. Ubuntu is ostracizing Ubuntu. I'm just recognizing it. They don't want to be with us. It is what it is.
          Last edited by halfmanhalfamazing; 19 July 2013, 05:45 PM.

Comment

that why i use W7

i'm joking... i use Win8. XD

I don't want to be part of that world where ubuntu is te future XD.#2

Comment

Originally posted by valeriodean View Post
              The testing used xorg not xmir, as stated on the first page... And according to previous benchmarks the performance of Unity is similar to the other desktop environments. http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTM5MzY

Comment

Minecraft runs faster on ubuntu 12.04 than on windows 7 using intel i5 2410M 2.3ghz and the intergrated gpu .
                Same experience on an older computer (ubuntu 10.04 vs win xp) using a pentium4 3ghz Nvidia geforce 4200Ti
                I think its a windows or java problem.
                At least its faster at something then windows xD
                Last edited by Caledar; 19 July 2013, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing View Post
                  It is slowly deprecating itself out. Unity, Mir, and others, Ubuntu is becoming it's own unique enclave.

Phoronix should recognize this and stop benchmarking with Ubuntu.

Or, stop calling Phoronix a Linux website - and start calling Phoronix an Ubuntu website.

And before the flames come my way, I'm not trying to ostracise Ubuntu. Ubuntu is ostracizing Ubuntu. I'm just recognizing it. They don't want to be with us. It is what it is.

Phoronix must start using the most advanced real Linux destro -=Fedora=-. As they have a GPU-drivers PPA (debian), they must have another for Fedora (rpm).

Comment

Isn't Ubuntu much more user-friendly both to install and use than other distros? GNOME-buntu here . The reason I use Ubuntu's because I know that most other computer illiterate people will prefer it. I do use MATE 1.4 btw.(1.6 sucks)

Comment

Working...
                    X