No announcement yet.

Intel Haswell HD Graphics 4600 vs. AMD Radeon Graphics On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really looking forward to seeing some benchmarks from the AMD APUs if/when you get the time and hardware to do so. Hopefully by then kernel 3.10 will be out as well to see how that improves things!

Comment

Originally posted by remm View Post
      Cool ... So I own a HD7870, nobody with an ounce of sanity should buy AMD, period.
      Under windows - they are all closed source. So there it comes to performance/price. Granted you are ok with ms and its "os". For older hardware, there is near zero chance.
      Under Linux - it depends upon your needs. Low-mid - Haswell; low-mid and okay with catalyst caveats - AMD APU; mid-high and opensource - AMD; mid-high and 3D performance - probably Nvidia. Older hardware would very probably work well to acceptable; f.e. I have P4 with 845 IGP from 2002. It works in full hd with compositing.....

If you want opensource driver, but are not okay to be confronted with bugs and to seek ways to solve them, then southern islands hardware is definitely not for you.

Originally posted by MWisBest View Post
      I'm really looking forward to seeing some benchmarks from the AMD APUs if/when you get the time and hardware to do so. Hopefully by then kernel 3.10 will be out as well to see how that improves things!
      Check this thread out, no need to wait. Although, if you are on mobile platform, it won't be so sweet...
      Last edited by brosis; 17 June 2013, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Wow, r600g really shines here, especially on Nexuiz/Xonotic. Especially since it's not even using the optimisations.

The HDG 4600 isn't too impressive, though. It seems to be not too far off from HDG 4000. Although it's still early, so I'd expect it to climb a bit higher later on.

Comment

Originally posted by sykobee View Post
          It would be interesting to see AMD Richland compared as well, to get a comparison against the integrated graphics of Intel's competitor.

Also, OpenCL.
          +1 on comparison with Richland and/or other APUs.

Comment

My test of HD6770 with disable_blend_func_extended=true force_glsl_extensions_warn=true R600_DEBUG=sb
            OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

__6770 ati|Phoronix ati| fglrx |
            Nexuiz 90 | 88 | 91|
            OA 0.8.8 110 | 100 | 118 |
            R.QUAKE 153 | 75 | 361 |
            SANCTUARY 46(1920) | __ | 88(1280) |
            TROPICS 44(1920) | __ | 69(1280) |
            Xonotic L 176 | 270 | 263 |
            Xonotic H 132 | 147 | 153 |
            Xonotic U 101 | 85 | 125 |
            GLMARK2 1367 | 617 | __ |

Comment

Working...