New Intel X.Org Driver Supports All Of Haswell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikkl View Post
    Not only Linux, also Windows 7. Only Windows 8 support dedicated card +OpenCL/Quicksync over Ivy Bridge iGPU or later. This is a Windows 7 limitation and not a driver limitation.
    Where did you get that information?
    That is wrong. If you intend to use your dedicated graphics card as primary display, you need a software like LucidVirtu to use QuickSync. I have been able to use QuickSync (i7 3770) perfectly with my nVidia as primary display in Windows 7. You can also use QuickSync with Optimus technology.
    Anyway, I don't know why we're talking about the discrete card. I meant to use QuickSync at least with the iGPU as the primary display (which also works well on Windows 7, without having to use LucidVirtu course)

Comment

Originally posted by YAFU View Post
      Where did you get that information?
      That is wrong. If you intend to use your dedicated graphics card as primary display, you need a software like LucidVirtu to use QuickSync. I have been able to use QuickSync (i7 3770) perfectly with my nVidia as primary display in Windows 7. You can also use QuickSync with Optimus technology.
      Anyway, I don't know why we're talking about the discrete card. I meant to use QuickSync at least with the iGPU as the primary display (which also works well on Windows 7, without having to use LucidVirtu course)

You need additional software. We refer to a native windows solution supported from the graphics driver without crappy third party software or dummys or some other workarounds. Egur from Intel told it.

Comment

Originally posted by mikkl View Post
        You need additional software
        I see no problem with that. You can download this third party software from Intel's website or motherboard manufacturer site. And I do not think LucidVirtu or Optimus are crap.
        Anyway again, I don't know why we are talking about discrete cards. At least I want Linux support for Quick Sync using only my iGPU as primary display (Windows 7 does not need third party software for that)

Comment

Working...
        X