X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pandev92
    replied
    Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
    Tests mean Ubuntu is faster than OS X in above games. I bet it will be even faster with nvidia drivers. Apple should give up on desktops.
    osx ships a nvidia drivers only with the new releases, but I think that is an advantage, no experimental drivers, only stable.

Leave a comment:

• Ericg
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    To anyone wanting Steam benches: this is Sandy for god's sake. Comparing 2fps to 2.1fps.
    Portal, Starcraft 2, Team Fortress 2 and WoW all work just fine on my Sandy Bridge laptop so idk what you're talking about Curaga (medium to high graphics on all those)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
    What an embarrassing set of tests with zero meaning.
    Tests mean Ubuntu is faster than OS X in above games. I bet it will be even faster with nvidia drivers. Apple should give up on desktops.

Leave a comment:

• Marc Driftmeyer
    replied
    What an embarrassing set of tests with zero meaning.

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    To anyone wanting Steam benches: this is Sandy for god's sake. Comparing 2fps to 2.1fps.

Leave a comment:

• Calinou
    replied
    Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
    Would be nice to test some titles people actually play, I mean, with Steam being pretty popular these days.
    People actually play Warsow, Xonotic and such, how about looking at their server and player lists?

Tip: http://stats.xonotic.org

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    I think the problem here is that many of us disagree with his reasonings. It really doesnt matter how many times or in how many different ways he tries to justify it, he still isnt running any meaningful game benches. Exactly what is the point in releasing all of this worthless data? It has no value. Repeatability by itself doesnt mean shit if the repeatable data doesnt mean anything.
    +1

10 chars

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    I think the problem here is that many of us disagree with his reasonings. It really doesnt matter how many times or in how many different ways he tries to justify it, he still isnt running any meaningful game benches. Exactly what is the point in releasing all of this worthless data? It has no value. Repeatability by itself doesnt mean shit if the repeatable data doesnt mean anything.

Leave a comment:

• Hamish Wilson
    replied
    Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
    Would be nice to test some titles people actually play, I mean, with Steam being pretty popular these days.
    Again, he has his reasons, which have been explained several different ways in countless different openings to benchmarks.

Leave a comment:

• uwgandalf
    replied
    so, ok, maybe it's not the driver, but some other intrinsic difference between OSX and Linux? Are the accompanying cpu stats somewhere?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X