Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Linux OpenGL Driver Leading Over Apple OS X

Phoronix: Intel Linux OpenGL Driver Leading Over Apple OS X

In revisiting the OpenGL graphics and gaming performance for an older Intel Core i5 "Sandy Bridge" Apple system, the Ubuntu 13.04 performance with Intel's open-source graphics driver is now easily surpassing Apple's OpenGL driver found in OS X 10.8.3.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Windows

Would have been nice to seen Windows thrown in the mix too...

Comment

Would be nice to test some titles people actually play, I mean, with Steam being pretty popular these days.

Comment

intel graphics on osx, are slow, but stable...., would be nice a review , nvidia on osx vs nvidia linux

Comment

so, ok, maybe it's not the driver, but some other intrinsic difference between OSX and Linux? Are the accompanying cpu stats somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
            Would be nice to test some titles people actually play, I mean, with Steam being pretty popular these days.
            Again, he has his reasons, which have been explained several different ways in countless different openings to benchmarks.

Comment

I think the problem here is that many of us disagree with his reasonings. It really doesnt matter how many times or in how many different ways he tries to justify it, he still isnt running any meaningful game benches. Exactly what is the point in releasing all of this worthless data? It has no value. Repeatability by itself doesnt mean shit if the repeatable data doesnt mean anything.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                I think the problem here is that many of us disagree with his reasonings. It really doesnt matter how many times or in how many different ways he tries to justify it, he still isnt running any meaningful game benches. Exactly what is the point in releasing all of this worthless data? It has no value. Repeatability by itself doesnt mean shit if the repeatable data doesnt mean anything.
                +1

10 chars

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
                  People actually play Warsow, Xonotic and such, how about looking at their server and player lists?

Tip: http://stats.xonotic.org

Comment

To anyone wanting Steam benches: this is Sandy for god's sake. Comparing 2fps to 2.1fps.

Comment

Working...
                    X