No announcement yet.

Intel Linux OpenGL Driver Leading Over Apple OS X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What an embarrassing set of tests with zero meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
      What an embarrassing set of tests with zero meaning.
      Tests mean Ubuntu is faster than OS X in above games. I bet it will be even faster with nvidia drivers. Apple should give up on desktops.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
        To anyone wanting Steam benches: this is Sandy for god's sake. Comparing 2fps to 2.1fps.
        Portal, Starcraft 2, Team Fortress 2 and WoW all work just fine on my Sandy Bridge laptop so idk what you're talking about Curaga (medium to high graphics on all those)
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
          Tests mean Ubuntu is faster than OS X in above games. I bet it will be even faster with nvidia drivers. Apple should give up on desktops.
          osx ships a nvidia drivers only with the new releases, but I think that is an advantage, no experimental drivers, only stable.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
            Portal, Starcraft 2, Team Fortress 2 and WoW all work just fine on my Sandy Bridge laptop so idk what you're talking about Curaga (medium to high graphics on all those)
            Sandy is worse than a 5450. Perhaps you play on a low resolution?

Comment

Yeah I hate it when people bash the 5450 or 6450 and claim how slow it is, (which it is) and then claim hd4000 as if it was some kind of god send. Additionally I dare anyone, anyone at all, to do a side by side visual comparison. One monitor running any AMD card and another identical monitor sitting right next to it running an hd4000. Please someone. Anyone.
              Last edited by duby229; 22 May 2013, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
                osx ships a nvidia drivers only with the new releases, but I think that is an advantage, no experimental drivers, only stable.

You just have to know where to look but Nvidia does have Mac drivers available. ;D
                Last edited by deanjo; 22 May 2013, 06:49 PM.

Comment

When is Intel going to support the latest version of OpenGL, I wonder? You know - like the real GPU companies do.

Comment

Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
                    It's not advantage in any way. In Windows and Linux you are free to use whatever driver you want.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                      There are only for macpro, and are so unstable( nobody use this)

Comment

Working...
                      X