Intel i915 Gallium3D Performance Examined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zajec View Post
    I wonder if worse performance can be related to the more features (or even higher OpenGL version?) exposed. Game could use them and performance would decrease then.

Is there any easy way of disabling some feature to make OpenGL support the same between that 2 drivers?

MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE for OpenGL Version
    MESA_EXTENSION_MAX_YEAR to limit advertised extensions by year they came out
    MESA_EXTENSION_OVERRIDE can be used for adding or removing advertised extensions e.g. MESA_EXTENSION_OVERRIDE=-GL_ARB_get_program_binary glxinfo

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
      At least it appears to be usable for running an OpenGL-accelerated, composited desktop which all that flashy effects like wobbly windows fluidly without slowdown or lag. I consider that to be the minimum level of performance acceptable for any driver.
      By that definition, gma500_gfx (Poulsbo) is unacceptable... which I suppose is a fair point. Although it's quite usable if you choose not to use composited desktops
      Last edited by GreatEmerald; 22 April 2013, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
        By that definition, gma500_gfx (Poulsbo) is unacceptable... which I suppose is a fair point. Although it's quite usable if you choose not to use composited desktops
        That's because it really is unacceptable?

If i ever find myself with any machine which uses PowerVR graphics I can assure you Linux is not going to go on it, period. I rather slap Windows on it (I have a Microsoft subscription which I pay out of my own pocket so my licenses are free) and enjoy a better user experience.

In fact, my personal rule with netbooks is that Linux does not belong there unless there is a very good reason to do so, mainly because of battery life and heat. I know many people claim that they experience better battery uptime with Linux as opposed to Windows, but that is not what I am seeing in my personal machines.

For notebooks Im a-ok with Linux because they are not meant to last the entire day on a single charge of juice and I generally lug my charger around when I have to bring it out with me for the day.

Comment

this is so fucking stupid....

why does this guy keep running the exact same tests on some gay old quake3 games that no one plays?

you do realize that just running gtkperf would be a million times better for this set and give us much more info right?

Comment

Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
            this is so fucking stupid....

why does this guy keep running the exact same tests on some gay old quake3 games that no one plays?

you do realize that just running gtkperf would be a million times better for this set and give us much more info right?

That wouldn't prmote his testing suite, which he sells to game developers.

Comment

Working...
            X