Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Graphics Will Change In The Linux 3.10 Kernel

Phoronix: Intel Graphics Will Change In The Linux 3.10 Kernel

The Linux 3.10 kernel that's soon entering development will feature a fair number of graphics driver changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

was hoping that it would be about the Gallium version of the drivers being used over the classic DRI drivers for older hardware...

Comment

Alot of these improvements are pretty exciting.

Comment

Who else thought 3.10 would actually be 4.0?

Comment

Originally posted by frign View Post
          Who else thought 3.10 would actually be 4.0?
          I'm kind of wondering when he'll get tired of the version numbers again. Last time he stopped it at 2.6.39.

Maybe he'll stop it at after its all the same number <_< like 3.33 then the next release is 4.0 then it'll go till 4.44 then next release will be 5.0
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

It was because 2.6 was a rolling release model. he could have kept it rolling, but the numbering system never really did make sense, so it was just an arbitrary change to make the release numbering make more sense. basically 2.6.0 should have been 3.0 from the beginning.
            Last edited by duby229; 19 April 2013, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
              It was because 2.6 was a rolling release model. he could have kept it rolling, but the numbering system never really did make sense, so it was just an arbitrary change to make the release numbering make more sense.
              Oh I know duby, I know he just changed them cuz they were getting out of hand. I'm just having a little fun with the whole thing.

Comment

Display-less GPU support might be for Optimus support in cases where the output is on the Nvidia card.

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
                  Display-less GPU support might be for Optimus support in cases where the output is on the Nvidia card.
                  But at that point why not just run everything off the Nvidia GPU? Cuz you'd have to keep it on at all times anyway to power the display.

Comment

Intel gpu will use less powe than nvidia. even if nvidia is being used for modesetting the 3d engine can be turned off.

Comment

Working...
                    X