No announcement yet.

Intel Makes First Release Of Linux OpenCL Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the previous developper of it, there is really no evil plan here from Intel. I just did it the way it is because it was more convenient for me and it was self-contained. Actually, the code actually uses the Nvidia PTX 32 bits ABI / Triple from LLVM :-) and uses a module pass instead of a full by-the-book backend because it was easier.
    The goal was really to have something small and not too hard to write and that I can use for other purposes than pure compilation (i.e. HW architecture analysis)

Cheers,
    Ben
    Last edited by bouliiii; 16 April 2013, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Considering the future of GPU's it's a good thing to have a driver that has both OpenGL and OpenCL.
      Especially since with OpenGL 4.3 you can use OpenCL and OpenGL together.

Seems quite the case of not invented here syndrome.

Comment

"Why does this exist anymore?"

Probably because the Gallium OpenCL support is in a very, very early stage and didn't really exist back when Intel began working on OpenCL. Also, it's often easier to go your own way instead of constantly arguing with developers, which is typical in community projects. Just saying, it's not only NIH.

Comment

Originally posted by zxy_thf View Post
          Huh? You must be very pleased to see different vendors' libOpenCL fighting with each other at /usr/lib(64).
          I do not live in the basement of my mother's house as you piece of shit, if you do not like to hear truths is your problem

Comment

Originally posted by airlied View Post
            did your mom turn back on your Internet for an hour?

I do not live in the basement of my mother's house as you piece of s****, if you do not like to hear truths is your problem

Comment

Originally posted by rikkinho View Post
              I do not live in the basement of my mother's house as you piece of s****, if you do not like to hear truths is your problem
              I think I heard your mom calling you to clean your room.

Comment

lol

Originally posted by airlied View Post
                I think I heard your mom calling you to clean your room.

i like you, one think i don t undertand how you represent X.org, but ok, people like you destroy and fragment linux =) but think are great

Comment

Originally posted by rikkinho View Post
                  i like you, one think i don t undertand how you represent X.org, but ok, people like you destroy and fragment linux =) but think are great
                  So Intel comes up with another implementation of OpenCL (=actively fragments OpenCL development) and you accuse people that are opposed to it of fragmentation?
                  That doesn't make sense at all.

Comment

Can we expect this to be full of AMDCripple functions too?

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
                      So Intel comes up with another implementation of OpenCL (=actively fragments OpenCL development) and you accuse people that are opposed to it of fragmentation?
                      That doesn't make sense at all.
                      he also called me a cancer, all from the safety of his mom's basement.

Dave.

Comment

Working...
                      X