Windows 8 Outperforming Ubuntu Linux With Intel OpenGL Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by startzz View Post
    Yeah, there is thousands of thousands great games for windows, i cant write all of them here, but you got the idea, none of them are available for linux.
    Perhaps you can't list them all but calling CoD great is a travesty. It's like saying Deus Ex: Invisible War is good, I'm simply saying you need to use titles that actually are good not ones that are just plain awful and thus not a loss to not have :P
    Last edited by Luke_Wolf; 22 March 2013, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Yeah, only linux user could catch a virus in windows I'm using windows without antivirus for more than 5 years now, and never saw any virus... And no one even cares to make viruses for linux... Even mac users have some fun with trojans, you must be so sad, arent you ?
      There is no point in runing only benchmarks, i know, its sad, that all you can do in linux is watching benchmarks, but in windows we have actual games
      Yeah, there is thousands of thousands great games for windows, i cant write all of them here, but you got the idea, none of them are available for linux.
      Yeah, AOL still looks better than any shitty linux DE, plus win8 only has idea of AOL, its looks are very very very good, with best graphics, every element matches other elements, and everything works perfect, so shame on you, buy glasses... Thats one of the big problems of linux, all DEs looks so terrible, and themes for it looks even more horrible, developers must have been very hiiiiiiigh when they made it
      So the vast majority of windows users must have used Linux before windows then? and have you ever pondered the reason why you have never seen any viruses is because you don't have any antivirus software to alert you? your system is probably riddled with them, you just don't know it.
      So you admit that your os from the future looks like one from the past, one designed for kids, how strange, why did microsoft copy someone elses idea? can they not come up with any ideas of their own? and these elements that you speak of? do they include both metro and the classic desktop? because they don't look like they match to me, they look like two completely different UI's.

Comment

1) Yes, i'm serious, you only see english language, so you cant really understand what i write with your low level of knowledge
        2) Yes, new good games, like "Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Is Getting Ported To Linux", game from 1996, thats the level of linux gaming... ROFLMFAO !!!
        3) In fact, they did, because i tried and i know, so linux now is trash in general, not just ubuntu
        Yeah, im not much of a linux fan, and i dont even care about beos or solaris, cause windows rulezz desktop pc's And once more, yes, there isnt much in this site that is interesting, like some people like to read jokes on internet, i like to read some linux forums, those are full of trolls and so funny, i fell like im from the future with my windows os, reading all that news from 1990's
        2/10

Made me really appreciate intellectual capabilities of my co-workers...

Or maybe even 3/10 - for a moment I though my dog is genius

Comment

none of them are available for linux.
          Maybe you're just a troll but you can see many people talking like that on the internet.

It baffles me like people can speak about vendor lock-in as if it was a good thing. Or when people joke that "you can't play games on a mac". THAT'S A BAD THING.
          The implication is that if you want to play a game, you first have to give money to Microsoft. If you don't know about Microsoft, read that: http://www.groklaw.net/staticpages/i...05010107100653

2) Yes, new good games, like "Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Is Getting Ported To Linux", game from 1996, thats the level of linux gaming...
          No, the level of linux gaming right now is Half Life 2 Deathmatch, Counter Strike Source, Serious Sam 3, etc. Yes, they are not the most recent games, but it's said that valve is in the process of porting all their games. Yes, valve is not the gaming industry but if their steam box is successful we'll get much linux compatibility for games "for free".

3) In fact, they did, because i tried and i know, so linux now is trash in general, not just ubuntu
          If it is "trash", why does it basically run the internet? How many linux computers did you use while posting this post to this forum?

Yeah, im not much of a linux fan, and i dont even care about beos or solaris, cause windows rulezz desktop pc's And once more, yes, there isnt much in this site that is interesting, like some people like to read jokes on internet, i like to read some linux forums, those are full of trolls and so funny, i fell like im from the future with my windows os, reading all that news from 1990's
          You should go to comp.os.linux.advocacy. If you want to troll and interact with other trolls you'd fit in there better. https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...linux.advocacy

Originally posted by kokoko3k View Post
          Nope, the title is correct because it didn't tested drivers, but the entire operating system (not just the kernel) on stock settings, so yes, with compositing enabled.
          It did test only fps on only the intel driver. The intel driver is the only one still using mesa classic. The results might not transfer to gallium drivers. It certainly does not transfer to proprietary drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
            Exactly. They cannot use stuff that would reveal inner workings of hardware. So they have to use the 'honest' interfaces with lower performances. Another argument that open source drivers will never be fast enough to compete with windows and closed source.
            On the other hand CPUs are far faster on Linux.

Comment

3) linux isnt developed for being number one, it is made for learning purposes, so the situation about gaming in linux wont change.
              Then I wonder why it's number one in nearly every area? Winblows only lives thanks to third party supporters. They don't even have most of the drivers unlike Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                As shown in other more recent Phoronix tests, most of the Unity/Compiz overhead has been eliminated with the latest Raring packages... As used in this benchmark. But for those in disbelief that the Linux OpenGL performance can lose to Windows, I'll happily run some more tests from Xfce and KDE on this laptop to show those results...
                The main problem is with benchmarked games. If you throw out Xonotic or Nexuiz Linux will win. Three games (where two of them are using the same engine) is a joke. Btw. when using Kubuntu don't forget to turn the option to suspend compositions.

Comment

1) Well, its not about word "star", its from "startas" with different ending, lol, try to learn other languages, "not troll" "****bag" xD
                  2) linux games are very old, very unpopular, with bad graphics, and no one cares about some old games tests, it doesnt say much, linux is not developed for gaming be any means, cause its not good for gaming, and almost no games are made for linux, simple and logical.
                  3) its bad to think, that ubuntu performs worse than any other shitty distro, its the same linux... plus newest 12.10 and 13.04 beta releases eliminated all the bad things that slowed down 3d performance by 30% - 50% or something like that, so now it performs as any other super duper cuper make yourself distro, so its a noobie thing so say "tralala ubuntu performs worse than other linux distros".
                  Linux outperforms winblows as Valve has already proven. There will be many more of the great games coming to Linux while winblows will be fading into shadows. There's no future for gaming on os x and there's no future for winblows which is broken by design.

Comment

Yeah, only linux user could catch a virus in windows I'm using windows without antivirus for more than 5 years now, and never saw any virus... And no one even cares to make viruses for linux... Even mac users have some fun with trojans, you must be so sad, arent you ?
                    There is no point in runing only benchmarks, i know, its sad, that all you can do in linux is watching benchmarks, but in windows we have actual games
                    Yeah, AOL still looks better than any shitty linux DE, plus win8 only has idea of AOL, its looks are very very very good, with best graphics, every element matches other elements, and everything works perfect, so shame on you, buy glasses... Thats one of the big problems of linux, all DEs looks so terrible, and themes for it looks even more horrible, developers must have been very hiiiiiiigh when they made it
                    You're lying or you connect to Internet from a Linux box. Viruses won't run on Linux as easy as on winblows. On winblows it's enough to connect. Furthermore, if there's need to use antivirus it proves winblows has dozens of unfixed flaws and it's simply broken by design. On real operating systems it would be enough to fix a bug rather then use anti virus (except trojan horses). Winblows 8 is a terrible disaster and I can only imagine how many people will go for something else. KDE kills this shit.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post

Maybe you're just a troll but you can see many people talking like that on the internet.
                      Hmm, that's why I was unsure if he was serious. Could be he is misinformed, and therefore serious.

Comment

Working...
                      X