No announcement yet.

Windows 8 Outperforming Ubuntu Linux With Intel OpenGL Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it's easier to use ubuntu for benchmarks as it is already setup and ready to go when installed. but people still get the wrong idea that if ubuntu dosent beat it, then "Linux" wont beat it. and that is for sure Not true!. Ubuntu is the most low performance distro i have ever tryed after 12.04, sadly... But don't get me wrong. i love your benchmarks Michael! Its not your fault that some don't know better

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
      Alright, so you decided to do these benchmarks using the obviously most relevant and interesting titles for PC gaming right now available, such as Nexuiz, Xonotic, and OpenArena, and by no means uninteresting and irrelevant titles such as Team Fortress 2, Unigine OilRush, Serious Sam 3, Counter Strike: Source and the like.
      Agree'd

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        Oh great funkstar has a twin troll - startzz. There should be something where if someone wants to create a username, they aren't allowed to have the word "star" in their name. BTW, I don't see how you think linux's games are "shitty and low level" when you play non-existent games like "Black Cops 2" lmao.
        1) Well, its not about word "star", its from "startas" with different ending, lol, try to learn other languages, "not troll" "****bag" xD
        2) linux games are very old, very unpopular, with bad graphics, and no one cares about some old games tests, it doesnt say much, linux is not developed for gaming be any means, cause its not good for gaming, and almost no games are made for linux, simple and logical.
        3) its bad to think, that ubuntu performs worse than any other shitty distro, its the same linux... plus newest 12.10 and 13.04 beta releases eliminated all the bad things that slowed down 3d performance by 30% - 50% or something like that, so now it performs as any other super duper cuper make yourself distro, so its a noobie thing so say "tralala ubuntu performs worse than other linux distros".

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
          It's quite possible Linux/Open Source Intel drivers will never reach the performance level of Windows drivers, because the latter are close source, thus Intel can secretly cheat in Windows but they cannot cheat in Linux, 'cause their secrets/hacks/subterfuges will be instantly unearthed by their competitors and journalists.
          Their cheats visible even with closed sorce driver. Here is comparsion of Intel proprietary driver and Catalyst:
          Intel proprietary driver: http://www.overclockers.ru/images/la...0/2/15_big.png
          Catalyst: http://www.overclockers.ru/images/la...0/2/16_big.png

Other comparsion screenshots: part 1, part 2, part 3.

Comment

Originally posted by startzz View Post
            1) Well, its not about word "star", its from "startas" with different ending, lol, try to learn other languages, "not troll" "****bag" xD
            2) linux games are very old, very unpopular, with bad graphics, and no one cares about some old games tests, it doesnt say much, linux is not developed for gaming be any means, cause its not good for gaming, and almost no games are made for linux, simple and logical.
            3) its bad to think, that ubuntu performs worse than any other shitty distro, its the same linux... plus newest 12.10 and 13.04 beta releases eliminated all the bad things that slowed down 3d performance by 30% - 50% or something like that, so now it performs as any other super duper cuper make yourself distro, so its a noobie thing so say "tralala ubuntu performs worse than other linux distros".
            1. Are you serious? star is in start, I suggest you take your own advice and learn English, as "other languages" are not going to help.
            2. There are new, good games released for linux every other week. Though admittedly, very few are the crappy AAA titles you like. It's pretty much a fact that anything released by companies like EA and Activision exist solely to entertain only the simplest minded people. Games that are any more in-depth than they are now don't appeal to the masses and therefore won't make the millions of dollars in pure profit (I say pure profit because they recycle the same engine and game resources over and over).
            3. It isn't "bad to think" Ubuntu performs worse than any other distro because it has been proven for years that it, in fact, does. While Unity might have had significant improvements toward 3D, they didn't fix all of it. I'm not hating on Ubuntu, because making something easy to use and easy on the eyes takes its toll on a system.

Why are you even here anyway? Unless you're one of those hipster BeOS or Solaris fans, it doesn't seem there is anything at this website that should interest you.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              As shown in other more recent Phoronix tests, most of the Unity/Compiz overhead has been eliminated with the latest Raring packages... As used in this benchmark. But for those in disbelief that the Linux OpenGL performance can lose to Windows, I'll happily run some more tests from Xfce and KDE on this laptop to show those results...
              Make sure to test KDE with the unredirected setting on, or if you insist on doing stock tests, do both.

Comment

Originally posted by startzz View Post
                Yep, this thread is troll
                1) Like its a big surprise, that windows is faster in everything than linux... lioooool
                2) Linux cant be really tested for gaming, because it doesnt have any real top games to be tested, same few shitty low level games are being tested like for 50 years... who fkin cares about ice age gaming in linux...
                2.1) steam for linux still didnt do much in linux gaming for now, it still doesnt have any great games like "call of duty : blackcops 2" or "need for speed most wanted 2012", just some primitives game for babies... for this situation to change, it will take many years, i mean, it will take at least 10 years for first big games to appear in linux, and it will be just a few top games, not like hundreds of games that are available for windows right now
                3) linux isnt developed for being number one, it is made for learning purposes, so the situation about gaming in linux wont change.
                How can anyone be this ignorant?

1/10, made me reply.

Comment

More proof that linux graphic stack and ubuntu's defaults are junk.

Comment

Originally posted by soupbowl View Post
                    More proof that linux graphic stack and ubuntu's defaults are junk.
                    Only that you do not like results.

You CAN NOT dismiss results based on your WHIM. You CAN NOT draw conclusions without DATA. :P

Rerun benchamrk on your hw on your config and then go condemning whoever you want :P

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                      1. Are you serious? star is in start, I suggest you take your own advice and learn English, as "other languages" are not going to help.
                      2. There are new, good games released for linux every other week. Though admittedly, very few are the crappy AAA titles you like. It's pretty much a fact that anything released by companies like EA and Activision exist solely to entertain only the simplest minded people. Games that are any more in-depth than they are now don't appeal to the masses and therefore won't make the millions of dollars in pure profit (I say pure profit because they recycle the same engine and game resources over and over).
                      3. It isn't "bad to think" Ubuntu performs worse than any other distro because it has been proven for years that it, in fact, does. While Unity might have had significant improvements toward 3D, they didn't fix all of it. I'm not hating on Ubuntu, because making something easy to use and easy on the eyes takes its toll on a system.

Why are you even here anyway? Unless you're one of those hipster BeOS or Solaris fans, it doesn't seem there is anything at this website that should interest you.
                      1) Yes, i'm serious, you only see english language, so you cant really understand what i write with your low level of knowledge
                      2) Yes, new good games, like "Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Is Getting Ported To Linux", game from 1996, thats the level of linux gaming... ROFLMFAO !!!
                      3) In fact, they did, because i tried and i know, so linux now is trash in general, not just ubuntu
                      Yeah, im not much of a linux fan, and i dont even care about beos or solaris, cause windows rulezz desktop pc's And once more, yes, there isnt much in this site that is interesting, like some people like to read jokes on internet, i like to read some linux forums, those are full of trolls and so funny, i fell like im from the future with my windows os, reading all that news from 1990's

Comment

Working...
                      X