• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who_me
    replied
    Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
    Is Compiz is even ready for Wayland?
    There will not be a compiz for wayland, at least not one sponsored by Canonical. It already has a compositor called Weston and the idea was to improve it.

Leave a comment:

• Marc Driftmeyer
    replied
    Gnome 3.7.90 is out. You could have built that set up and tested which against KDE 4.10 would be far more interesting.

Leave a comment:

• startzz
    replied
    Actually no, unity is still shit, that performance improvement is because of FINALLY fixed mesa's bugs. But it's hard to determine which element is bad in linux before it gets fixed, because there is to much buggy packages, that can cause slows and lags everywhere, like mesa, compiz, unity, kernel, x.org server and so on, plus crash reporter has like 100% possibility to crash itself, so there is no simple way of reporting bugs

Leave a comment:

• lumks
    replied
    kwin_gles?

whats about testing kwin_gles? kwin is horrible slow here in my intel, thats why i use gles kwin in 4.10

Leave a comment:

• Thaodan
    replied
    Is Compiz is even ready for Wayland?

Leave a comment:

• 89c51
    replied
    can we haz e17 plox

Leave a comment:

• LinuxID10T
    replied
    HOLY SHIT! UNITY DID SECOND BEST?!? Good job Canonical.

Leave a comment:

• Gusar
    replied
    How can LXDE and Razor-qt have such different scores? They both use openbox.

Leave a comment:

• Spectre
    replied
    Good to see unity stepping up the performance. Also liking that they've added the ability to switch between windows of the same process via the right click menu on the launcher. Can't wait for April.

Leave a comment:

• newwen
    replied
    It seems like Unity has improved a lot.

After being a hater, I'm starting to quite like it above everything else.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X