Beignet: OpenCL/GPGPU Comes For Ivy Bridge On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bouliiii View Post
    one way to have Cmake files for LLVM is to compile LLVM with CMake :-)
    Yeah I thought that too, but didn't want to do it. But now I should I think.

As for further development, the best you can do is to contact Keith (Packard) to ask what they have in mind.
    Thanks for this advice

Comment

Originally posted by karolherbst View Post
      Yeah I thought that too, but didn't want to do it. But now I should I think.

Thanks for this advice
      For Gentoo I've modified my local live LLVM ebuild to install the LLVM cmake files, along with a FindLLVM.cmake I hacked together to provide the needed env vars.

I've also created a live beignet ebuild, pulling in the source from karolhebst's changes branch along with a few patches of my own to make it build.

If anybody is interested I'll create an overlay on github.

Next, I'm planning on making it compatible with the other OpenCL implementations if you don't beat me to it. Right now I'm waiting for my new shiny i7 3840QM based (Ivy Bridge) laptop!

Comment

This sounds really good. Note that there is a Makefile build system that does not require to have CMake files (one way to have Cmake files for LLVM is to compile LLVM with CMake :-)). As for further development, the best you can do is to contact Keith (Packard) to ask what they have in mind. I left Intel two months ago so I am not fully up-to-date about they are doing and what they want to do. As for technical questions, I can obviously answer. Use my personal email.

Note that it was a *spare time* project of me at Intel. I never was in OTC (open source group) (I was in the GPU architecture team). So, at the time I was at Intel, nobody inside OTC worked on it. Just me and Keith who helped me to make the code base more presentable and easier to build :-)

Cheers,
        Ben
        Ben,

We have a small team in China OTC Graphics department, already have been working on the project created by you. Our progress are as below:
        0. Fix the cmake problem. Now cmake works fine.
        1. Added image support.
        2. Added OCL-OGL interoperation which is cl_khr_gl_sharing extension.
        3. Added barrier support...

And some other new features to comply with the OCL spec. Although it's still not fully comply with the spec. I will push our work to the fdo's beignet tree soon and maybe I will create a new branch.

Cheers,
        Zhigang Gong

Comment

Did I just hear: Ivy Bridge bitcoin miner?

Comment

Working...
          X