Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Finally Delivers Stable i830GM/i845G Driver

Phoronix: Intel Finally Delivers Stable i830GM/i845G Driver

While the Intel 830GM and 845G chipsets were first introduced more than one decade ago, their graphics driver support has been botched for much of the time. As of today though, Intel Linux driver developers think they have taken care of the longstanding stability issues with this now ancient hardware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad.

Comment

You shouldn't care.

Comment

YES! Finally, I could get working graphics on one of our basement computers. I mean, sure the P4 is slower than shit, but at least it could be halfway useful now. Right now the graphics corrupt and crash often.

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post
          sure the P4 is slower than shit
          Occasionally, shit comes very fast...

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
            Occasionally, shit comes very fast...
            Snarky... I like it.

Comment

Insult to injury

Meanwhile, they're newest hardware isn't working because they wasted time on hardware nobody is running the latest Xorg on.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrl View Post
                Meanwhile, they're newest hardware isn't working because they wasted time on hardware nobody is running the latest Xorg on.
                If you were a little more specifc, we could help you to resolve your issue.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
                  You shouldn't care.
                  Why not? I have several hw of that gen.

Comment

Originally posted by ickle View Post
                    If you were a little more specifc, we could help you to resolve your issue.
                    For example Steam Overlay issue - after opening Steam Overlay ingame textures got messed up.

Comment

Working...
                    X