Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazycheese
    replied
    R100 (radeon 64 DDR) with opensource driver is broken.

Intel still updates its P4 IGP.

I have both and use P4 with i845 for tiny media server/desktop internet mini-PC.

If you want, I can retest the hardware and push the bug. I even have old rage128 somewhere!

THANK YOU INTEL!

Leave a comment:

• Pallidus
    replied
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eettttttttt

thx chris wilson

now

how do I install it?

can I even install it or do I have to wait for kernel 3.8 ????

(never installed a driver in linux)

Leave a comment:

• Hamish Wilson
    replied
    Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
    He seems to talking about AMD's catalyst driver, not the OSS driver. They do tend to be too quick to label cards "Legacy" with catalyst.
    Yeah, but the article was about the also free Intel driver. Continuing support for older cards is pretty much excellent with radeon, and it is nice to see that things seem to be good with Intel.

Leave a comment:

• bwat47
    replied
    He seems to talking about AMD's catalyst driver, not the OSS driver. They do tend to be too quick to label cards "Legacy" with catalyst.

Leave a comment:

• Kivada
    replied
    Originally posted by Tiger_Coder View Post
    And AMD totally forgot their product which was selling still one year ago. F**k you AMD.
    http://wiki.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature

Leave a comment:

• Hamish Wilson
    replied
    And AMD totally forgot their product which was selling still one year ago. F**k you AMD.
    My ancient Radeon 7500/9200 cards that I still use in certain machines received new updates with the radeon driver less than a year ago...
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Still, nice to see that I can still sometimes see updates for the graphics chip in my brothers Lenovo.

Leave a comment:

• jhansonxi
    replied
    I have two laptops with 855GME chipsets so it's nice to seem some work on the drivers for old hardware.

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Ooh, nice, we happen to have a laptop with a Cantiga GPU. One more thing to look forward to.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Huh ?

Leave a comment:

• Tiger_Coder
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X