No announcement yet.

Intel Driver Update Improves Old Hardware Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R100 (radeon 64 DDR) with opensource driver is broken.

Intel still updates its P4 IGP.

I have both and use P4 with i845 for tiny media server/desktop internet mini-PC.

If you want, I can retest the hardware and push the bug. I even have old rage128 somewhere!

THANK YOU INTEL!

Comment

Definitively can not confirm crazycheese's results, although that does not dismiss them. Maybe an isolated bug?

Comment

r200 is also a clusterfuck

mine was.

when I switched to an intel platform I can say that at least I had no more headaches with gfx

Comment

2.20.14 continues the trend of adding about as many new bugs as fixes, 2.20.13 had some minor bad rendering which was quickly fixed in git, but 2.20.14 now gives a short freeze shortly after startx followed by the gpu hung + gpu reset routine. GM45 SNA, I won't have time to debug it thoroughly until Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
            r200 is also a clusterfuck
            For me R200 always was and still is solid gold.

And yet the Intel in my mother's computer can not even WINE Zoo Tycoon for her...

Comment

@crazycheese

Weird, I could've sworn Intel's support for i8xx still sucks and is not as good as it was in 2006. Due to bitrot and then removing all acceleration support, making it little more than a dumb framebuffer.

I mean, back then it could play OA and do XV acceptably. Both require acceleration, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
                For me R200 always was and still is solid gold.

And yet the Intel in my mother's computer can not even WINE Zoo Tycoon for her...
                for me it was a nightmare...

talking about mobile r200 tho.

fact remains that I can't complaint about intel's support of their gfx while I can about ati

Comment

The intel chips in the radeon r1xx/r2xx timeframe were i810/i815 devices which don't even have kms support. R100 is ~12 years old at this point. No one is really actively working on devices that old anymore.

Comment

Well, I am talking about several dedicated chips and a wonderful mobile card and in our old Dell Latitude D600.

I still have a sweet spot for these cards - playing classic Linux games like Quake3, Shogo, Soldier of Fortune...

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                      The intel chips in the radeon r1xx/r2xx timeframe were i810/i815 devices which don't even have kms support. R100 is ~12 years old at this point. No one is really actively working on devices that old anymore.
                      Old doesn't mean useless. The i740 was good enough for glquake at 640x480.

Comment

Working...
                      X