• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoronix
    started a topic Watch Intel Running Valve's L4D2 On Mesa Driver

Watch Intel Running Valve's L4D2 On Mesa Driver

Phoronix: Watch Intel Running Valve's L4D2 On Mesa Driver

The GStreamer Conference 2012 videos have been uploaded for those that weren't out at this technical event recently in San Diego. The Intel Linux presentation is arguably the most interesting talk...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE4Mzk

• fthiery
    replied
    Originally posted by disi View Post
    I cannot watch that either here at work on Windows 7. Its flash (JWPlayer) btw. I have the flash blocker in Firefox and without unblocking there is nothing.
    JW player is also HTML5 as well. If not, the player would look different in HTML5 mode...

Leave a comment:

• fthiery
    replied
    Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
    How can I watch the video in Fullscreen? What's the point of being able to select HTML5 or Flash and three Bandwidths when it's in a tiny frame.
    Check it out on the original website (gstconf.ubicast.tv); there is a fullscreen option.

It was possible to have the fullscreen button in the embed, just Michael didn't use it (for a proper embed code, there's the sharing tab).

Florent

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Try try it with YOUR driver. I know that it works flawlessly with nvidia.

Leave a comment:

• Kayden
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    @Kayden

Can't you implement the missing features to allow Rage to run on Linux as well? Might not be the worst idea to do so, maybe there could be done an official Linux port as well that runs on more than 1 driver. In theory ivy bridge hd 4000 should be fast enough (when you reach win speed).
    I'm not quite sure I follow. According to appdb, it looks like Rage runs well under Wine, though I haven't tried with our driver. Is there something we're missing that we need to implement to get it working? Or bugs that need fixing?

Based on Carmack's recent comments, I'm somewhat skeptical that Rage will come to Linux, but I suppose you never know. I'm always glad to see more titles get ported...

Leave a comment:

• droste
    replied
    Originally posted by disi View Post
    Its flash (JWPlayer) btw. I have the flash blocker in Firefox and without unblocking there is nothing.
    Obviously.

This is how it looks on my PC with Firefox 15:

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    @Kayden

Can't you implement the missing features to allow Rage to run on Linux as well? Might not be the worst idea to do so, maybe there could be done an official Linux port as well that runs on more than 1 driver. In theory ivy bridge hd 4000 should be fast enough (when you reach win speed).

Leave a comment:

• stqn
    replied
    Couldn?t play in fullscreen either (Firefox 15 Linux, html5). There?s no button for it nor is it in the right-click menu.

Leave a comment:

• disi
    replied
    Originally posted by droste View Post
    Wrong OS ;-) It does work with Firefox 15 on Linux for me (with Chromium 22 it doesn't work on Linux too)
    I cannot watch that either here at work on Windows 7. Its flash (JWPlayer) btw. I have the flash blocker in Firefox and without unblocking there is nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Kayden
    replied
    Originally posted by entropy View Post
    Wow, imho that runs rather well on intel hardware.
    The great thing is that both us and Valve have made a bunch of improvements even in the short time since Eric's talk. We've fixed the blue/purple zombie bug that you see in the video, and it's running even faster and more smoothly than before. (Still not quite at parity, but much closer than before.) Some of that is work in our driver, and some of it's Valve optimizing their game (which should help everybody).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X