Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wizard69
    replied
    The problem is Intel really doesn't like OpenCL.

It highlights the weakest link in their hardware. AMD though can actually benefit from strong OpenCL support. It is actually a great selling point, use our software and even if your code runs on Intel hardware you will get the best performance.

As to bench marking I'd really love to see some graphs of better i86 hardware and the better GPUs side by side. This to determine if there really is an advantage to those expensive GPUs. An APU or two thrown in the mix would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• chris200x9
    replied
    It's funny because AMD can't even write software, so what does that say about intel.

Leave a comment:

• halfmanhalfamazing
    replied
    Intel should just deprecate their SDK in favor of (and contribute to) the open source one - like they're doing with MESA. I'm sure someone over at intel has done some math and figured out that AMD is benefitting from Intel's work to MESA, so now it's AMD's turn to return the favor so to say.

1+ for the users.

Plus Intel could re-allocate some of it's resources elsewhere. Like another dev for MESA maybe? :-)
    Last edited by halfmanhalfamazing; 06-13-2012, 04:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ninez
    replied
    Irony

Originally posted by Michael
    This is a bit ironic that AMD's OpenCL environment is actually faster on Intel hardware than Intel's own code.
    Even more ironic would be a few years ago when Intel crippled performance for AMD CPUs in the Intel Compiler Suite (ICC), and some would say still does to some degree (although, i haven't payed close attention / kept track ).

Now, it turns out AMD's OpenCL APP SDK actually improves performance on Intel's CPU. awesome

funny shit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X