Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 8.1-devel Performance With Intel's DRI Driver

Phoronix: Mesa 8.1-devel Performance With Intel's DRI Driver

Recently I published benchmarks showing performance boosts for Intel Sandy Bridge with the Linux 3.3 and future 3.4 kernel DRM code, but how's the Mesa 8.1-devel performance looking?..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The news: there is no news.

Comment

how about the older ones? GM945 for instance. is there only Sandy bridge left?
      to be honest im currently developing an allergy towards sandy bridge.
      sandy bridge here, sandy bridge there. Ivy Bridge is going to be awesome. Sandy bridge new support...
      stop it already.
      ok as you can see this is far from being sane... but what i wonder... where the heck is AMD going to be in a few years, when intel will kick their arses (not the animals) on the graphics sector?
      Is AMD going to get payments to still be able to survive so Intel wont have to pay for being a monopole; like MS paid Apple some time ago?
      it could be a sort of a plan, but it lacks passion and pride...
      Any Trinity news maybe?

Comment

I think you should start to use the Xonotic benchmark instead of Nexuiz.

Comment

Originally posted by jakubo View Post
          to be honest im currently developing an allergy towards sandy bridge.
          sandy bridge here, sandy bridge there. Ivy Bridge is going to be awesome. Sandy bridge new support...
          stop it already.
          ok as you can see this is far from being sane... but what i wonder... where the heck is AMD going to be in a few years, when intel will kick their arses (not the animals) on the graphics sector?
          Is AMD going to get payments to still be able to survive so Intel wont have to pay for being a monopole; like MS paid Apple some time ago?
          it could be a sort of a plan, but it lacks passion and pride...
          Any Trinity news maybe?
          Unless Intel happens upon a magical GPU design, I don't think they will be gunning for the high-end. Of course, with their money/resources, they COULD put Nvidia/AMD's graphics business on the rocks, but I don't think they are interested in doing that. I think they are aiming to get their graphics in the high-low to solidly middle range. Of course, this is a huge problem for solutions like Trinity since Intel is, for the foreseeable future, going to have the power advantage. Assuming that, and improved graphics architecture with Haswell (no longer a guarantee considering the news Michael produced yesterday), Intel is going to be in their strongest position yet.
          However, I really do like AMD's new architecture, so I hope that their next big release is well executed (especially in the cache arena).

Comment

Originally posted by jakubo View Post
            I recently picked up a second hand Lenovo 3000 N200 with a Intel GM945, so I too would be interested in some modern Linux benchmarks.

Comment

Working...
            X