Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Gallium3D For Mesa 8.0

Phoronix: Intel Gallium3D For Mesa 8.0

With the Mesa 8.0 release right around the corner, in recent weeks there have been a number of benchmarks on Phoronix looking at this latest open-source OpenGL library and its drivers, including Gallium3D. In this article though are new benchmarks from one of the areas not explored yet: the Intel Gallium3D driver performance.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

did you build without llvm?

just wondering if llvm was used in building.
    the advantage of i915g is only when paired with llvm usually.

Otherwise we might have broken something with i915/draw when we fixed up softpipe.

Dave.

Comment

"Gallium not better that DRI in any benchmark"?

It's half the FPS! I'd say that your choice of words was a little bit too conservative...

Comment

Michael, please add i915g to the misleading headline.

Comment

Originally posted by airlied View Post
          just wondering if llvm was used in building.
          the advantage of i915g is only when paired with llvm usually.
          Maybe someone should add LLVM into the default build options, so that Michael would quite putting out these inaccurate stories every 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
            Maybe someone should add LLVM into the default build options, so that Michael would quite putting out these inaccurate stories every 6 months.
            I thought that the mesa devs had made LLVM a hard-requirement for building Gallium drivers a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
              I thought that the mesa devs had made LLVM a hard-requirement for building Gallium drivers a few weeks ago.
              Only the r300g driver on the x86_{32,64} architecture. And even there a simple hack in configure will remove the requirement (eg r300g works without llvm, but the developers got sick of people building it without llvm for no good reason).
              Last edited by Jonno; 06 February 2012, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                And also get it to build on Windows (64 bit) with LLVM. I've asked a question in the forum regarding that over a month ago, but I haven't received an answer (pointing towards the mesa forum and closes my eyes and hopes for help).
                I don't have IRC access or anything at work, so I was kind of forced to resort to trying to get help here =)

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
                  And also get it to build on Windows (64 bit) with LLVM. I've asked a question in the forum regarding that over a month ago, but I haven't received an answer (pointing towards the mesa forum and closes my eyes and hopes for help).
                  I don't have IRC access or anything at work, so I was kind of forced to resort to trying to get help here =)
                  Uh... what? When did Windows come into the picture for Mesa? Are you expecting a working Windows graphics driver based on G3D, or are you just looking to cross-compile Linux binaries from Windows?

Either way, it's silly. Just use Linux....

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
                    The Gallium state trackers are cross-platform, but I suspect the i915g driver itself is highly linux specific. I know the other gallium drivers are. They have to do lots of interfacing with the kernel, so it would only work on windows if someone went to a lot of effort to make it that way - and even if that happened I can't imagine it would receive much testing or maintenance, because it doesn't seem like there's much of a reason to use it.

Comment

Working...
                    X