X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• david_lynch
    replied
    Long time brightness problem with GL games e.g. openarena

It would be great if the drivers could be tested in gaming scenarios. I've a rather new Dell desktop with "Intel Corporation 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)" and I'm running kubuntu 11.10 with the i965 driver.
    Desktop effects work fine and I've no complaint with the graphics in most scenarios, but when I play openarena, the screen is very dark and the brightness controls have no effect. Google shows this to be a common problem with gamers using intel graphics, and I haven't seen anything like solution. Needless to say, I've used nvidia graphics cards for gaming and of course the brightness controls work fine in openarena. Is there any hope on the horizon for gamers on intel graphics?

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Why should something prevent Oilrush from running? You only need float textures active and s3tc. That game does not require opengl 3.0 at all. If you want to use Unigine engine with TESSELATION you need opengl 4, that could be implemented in theory with ivi bridge. But: tesselation is so slow on lowend chips that you would get a slideshow. When you remember: the first Unigine Heaven releases could use some specific ATI only tesselation engine on older hd 4 cards as well, it worked but was something like 7 fps, i do not expect more from an integrated gfx. Newer Unigine releases did not have got support for that extension, there you need a full opengl 4 card. But oilrush looks so simple, that tesselation will not help at all - for that game you definitely do not need an opengl 4 card.

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    Originally posted by eugeni_dodonov View Post
    Full OpenGL 3.x support requires some cooperation from the hardware. It is available on Ivy Bridge, yes, so GL 3.x should be supported on that architecture with hardware acceleration. For previous generations (Sandy Bridge and Ironlake), some parts of it must go through software-only implementations.
    Would you elaborate on which parts require software-only implementations? Will this prevent the hardware from running Unigine Oilrush?
    Last edited by Shining Arcanine; 18 January 2012, 06:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bajo
    replied
    external graphic card over thunderbolt

I don't know if this needs support from intel, but i would like to know what is needed to get an external graphic card over thunderbolt running in the (remote) future.
    If it needs work from intel, is there any plan to support this?

Thanks for your answers.

Greetings.

Markus

Leave a comment:

• lemsto
    replied
    In general, if you do not experience random hangs and graphics corruptions when rc6 is enabled - I mean, issues which you haven't seen previously, you shouldn't have any issues with it at all. But if you do, we'll be very interested in hearing about it, because we are on a quest to locate machines which can reliably reproduce rc6-related problems. But so far, I'd say that around 99% of all machines should "just work" with it enable.
    Originally posted by lemsto View Post
    Hi Eugeni, you should look for the Asus UX31E laptop.
    Here are some Ubuntu users that experience 1 to 4 machine shutdown when rc6 enabled on kernel 3.2 (selected posts) :
    [...]
    Bug opened

Leave a comment:

• eugeni_dodonov
    replied
    Do you happen to know if/when the work of Gwenole whould be included in the upstream mplayer?
    No, according to Gwenole, this won't happen anytime soon, unfortunately.

However, while we are on topic of VAAPI, I believe the news about VAAPI support for Medfield chips got missed from Phoronix news? It is available at http://cgit.freedesktop.org/vaapi/pvr-driver/, and should support Penwell and Medfield platforms.

Leave a comment:

• eugeni_dodonov
    replied
    Originally posted by ejmarkow View Post
    I have the following from dmesg:

$ dmesg | grep -i drm
    [drm] Initialized drm 1.1.0 20060810
    [drm] Supports vblank timestamp caching Rev 1 (10.10.2010).
    [drm] Driver supports precise vblank timestamp query.
    [drm:intel_framebuffer_init] *ERROR* unsupported pixel format
    Could you please try applying this patch (http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...ry/014466.html) and reboot with drm.debug=0x04? It should tell you which pixel format you are missing..

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    When you look at

then the links (for mplayer) are a bit outdated (libva 1.0.15 will be splitted too), also does "Intel? HD Graphics" refer only to s1156 or to the s1155 pentium/celeron as well? Or is it just like 2000/3000 without the encoding parts only?

Leave a comment:

• schnelle
    replied
    my wishes

1) Proper support for blur effect in KDE
    2) Using kwin for regression testing
    Last edited by schnelle; 17 January 2012, 10:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• genstorm
    replied
    In general, if you do not experience random hangs and graphics corruptions when rc6 is enabled - I mean, issues which you haven't seen previously, you shouldn't have any issues with it at all. But if you do, we'll be very interested in hearing about it, because we are on a quest to locate machines which can reliably reproduce rc6-related problems. But so far, I'd say that around 99% of all machines should "just work" with it enable.
    I have now enabled RC6 on my X200s with a GM45 chip - in case it makes any sense - because I was experiencing hangs (X->console backdrops) after several hours using the drm portion of various 3.2_rc* and didn't have those at the end anymore. Let's see what it does with the latest 3.3 drm commits.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X