Community Beats AMD To New Radeon Audio Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xavier View Post
    I didn't know that. I looked at the specs and saw 5.1 was supoprted, I thought it was through native HDMI channels.
    That's what I thought at first too. The specs for my card said that 5.1 was supported, but did not mention if it was DTS/AC3/PCM, etc. I spent so much time trying to get 5.1 PCM to work before I found out that the card didn't even support it and Windows compressed the stream to work around that

Comment

Originally posted by cladisch View Post
      AMD won't be able to sue you.
      Their problem is that they might lose their HDCP license if information sufficient to subvert it gets published.
      I hardly see that as a problem! In fact, if there's anything more the community can do to help move this along, that would be even better!

Anyone want to design a shirt with the HDCP crypto key and some compressed C code to bypass the content protection mechanism?

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        Really funny, when the complete hdcp encryption key is already known. hdcp is completely useless.
        They like to live in never never land where their DRM schemes are never never busted wide open. Parts of these organized crime operations noticed that no matter how tough their DRM is, someone will always be better than them and break it, so they started buying laws to make DRM, no matter how frail and easy to break, illegal to break. That's why Apple goes after people in court over making idevices work better.

It's a shame that AMD has to live in never never land with these people.

Comment

Working...
        X